Nintendo ONLINE GOOD START?

XxRed12xX said:
That's a good start. There already have been great games online and Nintendo is coming out with great WFC games very soon. It would be the best if they had head set support. But for now it's great.

I agree.....

They also need a way to allow DLC........until headset and DLC, they will be losers....( and miss out on a TON of money)

My biggest issue with the online play is the Friend Code Crap...Why do I have to add my friends for each and everygame? Why can't my friends who are in my address book automatically be added? It would make more sense then so we wouldn't have to keep track of so many different friend codes for ourselves. The xbox360 has a great setup for the friend features and it's extremely easy to use in comparision.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about "Safety" features, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Headset support would also be a great feature as others have said. I just don't think the wii has really put themselves up there in competition for online gameplay as much as xbox and playstation have yet. I think it's getting there with games like Medal of Honor and MArio Strikers Charged along with the other true "online" games.

The exception to me is the "online" games which only share leaderboards. Those "Wi-fi" advertised games are a BS way to sell us on the idea of online game play, when it's really just a braggin board (which we can do here!). Give us alot more multiplayer games like Mariokart, SSBB, and Strikers Charged. And especially more like Medal of Honor with upto 16 players please.

I am sort of new to Wii Online.. I have Wii set up on my internet and everything. I buy new old school games all the time.. but what is WiiConnect24? Is that what allows me to play my games online-multiplayer?

WiiConnect24 is a standby mode for your Wii Internet
Example:
When your Wii is in Standby mode you still can retrieve weather, news, and mail updates.
If you have Wiiconnect24 Standby mode off your Wii cannot use the Wii weather and news channel. You still will get your mail but only when you turn on your Wii.

I would recommend keeping your Wiiconnect24 on. If you live in a hot area I would recommend you buy a Wii Fan Stand.

Better Safe Than Sorry!

On Topic

Yeah I think the Wii has a good start but still behind PsN, But I love the News and Weather channel so I don't have to start up my PC every time to get the news.

Last edited:
Back