Nintendo's Online... Or lack there of...

AtomicB

Sep 18, 2007
In my room. Working on project E-vile.
Wii Online Code
5873-1290-1753-2112
Logo.jpg

Did I draw an 'N' stabbing Canada?

Hello! Yeah, it's me again. Yes, it's another thread... by me.... again...

ANYWAYS, this time I'm ranting about the complaints of Nintendo's lame online! There seems to be a lot of that going around lately, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it!
These are some of the major points the trolls and others like to make.

Okay, so here we go.

The Wii has been out for a year already and it has terrible online!
Key words being 'a' and 'year'. Remember? Wii has been out for about a year. That's one. El uno yearo. Notoh ayo buncho online...o...

Look at the 360's online! It's freaking booming!
I prefer to call the 360's online 'Super Mega Happy Fun-time Channel Ultra'. But that's just me. Anyways, no duh the 360's online is amazing!
1. It's Microsoft. You know, the guys who make computers?
2. Microsoft already had decent online last-gen!
3. They also had a years head-start on the other two current-gen consoles!

Even the PS3's online is better than Nintendo's lame stuff!
Sony also had online last-gen! Not that it was perfect, but they have already dabbled (heh... dabbled...) in the online world. Online is brand new for Nintendo. Give them some time.

The DS, Nintendo's hand-held, has more online action then their own major console!
That falls under the 'The DS has been out for that much longer than the Wii has because the Wii has only been out for about a year and don't you remember the DS's first year out and how good IT'S online was' category.

The DS's first year of online games were... Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Metroid. Three games. Kind of reminds you of a certain console that seems to be following the same path... Yep! China's Vii!

At least the DS had 3 decent games for online in the first year.
Oh... You got me th- COUGH-GARBLE-HACK- Battalion Wars 3, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero 3 are three decent games for online this year- COUGH-HACK-GARBLE! Ugh... You got me there!

Well, Metroid Prime: Hunters had voice-chat.
Dun, dun, duuun! This is pretty much the one point I agree with. But it's Nintendo, you never know! I mean it would be kind of stupid to think that Nintendo would support the DS with voice chat and not the Wii, but it's Nintendo, you never know!

But who knows. Q1 2008? Brawl was delayed for a reason! And who knows what it was.

Look, it's been established that Nintendo is hopping into the Online pool a bit late, and there is nothing we can do to change that. But I think that they're getting a pretty good start!

Anyways, that's all of the point I can think of right now. I'll probably add more later, or something...

Nice rant.

I'm hoping Ninty will improve the online for when the hard hitters come out (SSBB, Mario Kart)

:wtf: Why another one of these threads? For the people who don't like the online deal with it. It'll get better.

Last edited:
Fire Flower said:
:wtf: Why another one of these threads? Everyone knows the online isn't very good. Deal with it. It'll get better.

That's what I'm hoping.

By the way, that's a damn fine sig. I'm repping you :yesnod:

^ I know what you're saying. I said why another thread because there are alot of these threads.

Quoting me:

Deal with it. It'll get better.

I was'nt talking to you. I was talking to the people who don't appreciate the online. I will edit my post too make it easier too understand.

BTW Thanks Frum. My brother made it for me. He's really good.
I still need a matching avatar. Toast dosn't really go very good with it.

Last edited:
Atomic, by reading this, I actually can't tell if you like the online, or if you don't...

It costs a lot of money and time to get enough servers to host, even as hubs for online games. The PS2 had a horrible online service(Nothing compared to the PC). The few great games that were online, like Metal Gear Solid 3 were closed within a year! In most polls over 60% of all gamers still prefer to play their games offline (Gamefaqs).

They need to hire another staff of people who exist for the sole purpose of maintaining the servers, and patches. Not many people look in the job ads and go, "Oh boy! Server programmer! I'm there!" Is this a market that is growing? Yes. But right now the loudest voice is still coming from a minority of gamers. A few million is a lot, but nothing compared to the many more who still prefer offline. Each year this will ramp up more, go get a time machine and skip ahead a few years if you are that impatient.

Agreed completely.
I think you'd make a good Wii news guy, or writer or something.
Very informative points.

Hopefully the people making those threads saying these things sees this one.
As I have tried reiterating it into their thick skulls for days on end.
They always try to come back with weird facts etc.

Again, another good thread my friend.
:thumbsup:

So what?

Who cares! Online gameplay is not what the wii was intended for. Yeah it would be cool if wi-fi was as good as live but then you would have to pay for it. Call me old but I bought a wii b/c I wanted to relive my past with the VC and play new Mario, Zelda, and Metriod. I bought a 360 for all of my online gaming needs. I look at wi-fi as a bonus on the wii. So make some real life friends b/c the wii has got great games that actually make you interact with real people.

To iOwnage: That's good!... Right?

To CantGetAWii & l7cx1Cl: Thank you! Thank you!

Dando: That point is all good and swell, but there are people like me who are to dirt poor and lazy to get a job who can not be Wii60 owners!

AtomicB said:
Logo.jpg

Did I draw an 'N' stabbing Canada?

Hello! Yeah, it's me again. Yes, it's another thread... by me.... again...

ANYWAYS, this time I'm ranting about the complaints of Nintendo's lame online! There seems to be a lot of that going around lately, and quite frankly I'm getting sick of it!
These are some of the major points the trolls and others like to make.

Okay, so here we go.

The Wii has been out for a year already and it has terrible online!
Key words being 'a' and 'year'. Remember? Wii has been out for about a year. That's one. El uno yearo. Notoh ayo buncho online...o...

Look at the 360's online! It's freaking booming!
I prefer to call the 360's online 'Super Mega Happy Fun-time Channel Ultra'. But that's just me. Anyways, no duh the 360's online is amazing!
1. It's Microsoft. You know, the guys who make computers?
2. Microsoft already had decent online last-gen!
3. They also had a years head-start on the other two current-gen consoles!

Even the PS3's online is better than Nintendo's lame stuff!
Sony also had online last-gen! Not that it was perfect, but they have already dabbled (heh... dabbled...) in the online world. Online is brand new for Nintendo. Give them some time.

The DS, Nintendo's hand-held, has more online action then their own major console!
That falls under the 'The DS has been out for that much longer than the Wii has because the Wii has only been out for about a year and don't you remember the DS's first year out and how good IT'S online was' category.

The DS's first year of online games were... Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Metroid. Three games. Kind of reminds you of a certain console that seems to be following the same path... Yep! China's Vii!

At least the DS had 3 decent games for online in the first year.
Oh... You got me th- COUGH-GARBLE-HACK- Battalion Wars 3, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Guitar Hero 3 are three decent games for online this year- COUGH-HACK-GARBLE! Ugh... You got me there!

Well, Metroid Prime: Hunters had voice-chat.
Dun, dun, duuun! This is pretty much the one point I agree with. But it's Nintendo, you never know! I mean it would be kind of stupid to think that Nintendo would support the DS with voice chat and not the Wii, but it's Nintendo, you never know!

But who knows. Q1 2008? Brawl was delayed for a reason! And who knows what it was.

Look, it's been established that Nintendo is hopping into the Online pool a bit late, and there is nothing we can do to change that. But I think that they're getting a pretty good start!

Anyways, that's all of the point I can think of right now. I'll probably add more later, or something...

Doesn't the game publisher or maker decide if it needs online or not, they make the game, they control whats in it, ICBW. Do you own a Wii? If so, just don't buy any games, and that will cure your problem with everything Nintendo, cause obviously you can't complain enough about Nintendo, N's online will get better, till then live with it like the rest of us. Problem solved.

See atomic maybe you see what i deal with on a daily basis, whether your sticking up for nintendo or complaining nobody likes to read any more, thus they make stupid comments. He is supporting nintendo and basicly giving a rebutle to me and the rest who think nintendo had enough time to get it right, i mean they did have all of the rest of the gamecubes life span to think about it, then they had all the time that they developed the wii to think about it, hmm thats enough time to me. Esp since every one else did it right out the bat the first and second time. So why can't nintendo get it right the first time, its not like they don't have a blue print to follow or improve on already with the other two consoles. The world may never know.

So no his post is not another i hate nintendo post but a why doesnt every one just wait some more on nintendo post. by the way COD4 is the ****, i had to stop cause my hands hurt. Owning noobs just like imma do next week in MOHH2 who wants it. Hey we can always bring our tv next to the computer and use some chat program to communicat till nintendo gets a mic:shocked:

Back