Nintendo ignoring online play.

Demon Slayer said:
On less you have a Computer next to me, and you fighting in Team with you best Friend, and you have a webcam with voice chat on and on msn..lol^^ Yeah thats right...Demon Slayer has an Answer to all ( not Really)

Yeah, you do. xD Anyway, I forgot to mention that Nintendo has a lot (a lot) of young customers. Why would they allow kids to be chatting with strangers. I know parents will have some control over this but there is no guarnatee, so Nintendo will most likely take the safe route.

True, there would probably be too much arguing, or anger, involved from being smashed. Its best just to leave it at battling, even no text. Simply because it puts the attention on the game and not chatting or arguing, or insults.

Umbrous said:
True, there would probably be too much arguing, or anger, involved from being smashed. Its best just to leave it at battling, even no text. Simply because it puts the attention on the game and not chatting or arguing, or insults.

Text, how would you even consider text? You can't type while you're in the middle of a fight where you have to constantly stay alert. :lol:

Last edited:
vagrant said:
gingerkid said:
yes your right, but they are trying to stay away from the online multiplayer.
Why are you so dumb?

Is someone still bitter about Metroid?

Forbes.com: Why is it taking so long for Nintendo to make its online game-play system as strong as Sony's or Microsoft's? People want to play Wii Sports with friends and strangers across the world.

George Harrison: People's ideas of playing online hinges on existing gamers. It means playing Halo in a massively multi-player way. The online experience doesn't have to be as narrow as that. If what you want is an aggressive game you can play online with your friends, maybe the Wii isn't the best fit for that. In our attitude there are a lot more people in our new expanded audience than there are traditional gamers. We think there's a social aspect in real life, in your living room for Wii sports. That said, we do have online games coming.

Gingerkid is correct. Nintendo IS trying to stay away from online games. They want Wii to be for that larger, expanded, casual audience--but yeah, if it will get us to leave them alone, they'll ALLOW some online to slip through. The hardcore experience is left up to 3rd parties (and discouraged). Go EA. Hurry MOHH2.

FR. said:
Text, how would you even consider text? You can't type while you're in the middle of a fight where you have to constantly stay alert. :lol:

Thats my point, but that doesn't stop the majority of the online games from having some form of communication, people "want" - "need" to communicate somehow, but really I find it distracting because no useful info (to the current situation in the game) is ever useful, just distracting.

Look at socom, voice chat, text, and macro'ed "slogans". All took away from the game itself and probably introduced some form of latency, especially voice over ip.

P.S. and no, don't go EA. The games they make are trash, at least for the PC. I don't buy any console games, don't have a console with good games to buy. Not only that EA has ruined the only companies I liked, Maxis and westwood. EA - The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Last edited:
Umbrous said:
P.S. and no, don't go EA. The games they make are trash, at least for the PC. I don't buy any console games, don't have a console with good games to buy. Not only that EA has ruined the only companies I liked, Maxis and westwood. EA - The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

I'm not generally a big fan of EA either--what they did to CnC: The First Decade was atrocious. It's like they never bothered to check if would play through before shipping it. A bug-ridden disgrace. And I have no idea why people love buying the same sports titles over and over with a new year attached.

But if they bring me online vs FPS (MOHH2) with a decent voicechat system when Nintendo won't, then all hail EA. You don't like voice? Don't use it. For me, it makes a huge difference in the right kind of game.

Wiinter said:
Gingerkid is correct. Nintendo IS trying to stay away from online games. They want Wii to be for that larger, expanded, casual audience--but yeah, if it will get us to leave them alone, they'll ALLOW some online to slip through. The hardcore experience is left up to 3rd parties (and discouraged). Go EA. Hurry MOHH2.

You quoted me why? Or better yet, you quoted me quoting a line I wasn't even referring to specifically why?

vagrant said:
You quoted me why? Or better yet, you quoted me quoting a line I wasn't even referring to specifically why?

If you weren't referring to it, you shouldn't have quoted it. Live and learn.

Wiinter said:
If you weren't referring to it, you shouldn't have quoted it. Live and learn.

I quoted his entire post because it in it's entirety was dumb.

If I was commenting on one line specifically, I would have taken out the rest from the quote like you did, and like I always do.

Live and Learn

vagrant said:
I quoted his entire post because it in it's entirety was dumb.

If I was commenting on one line specifically, I would have taken out the rest from the quote like you did, and like I always do.

Look, you may want out of calling him wrong (in the rudest way possible) after the fact, and I don't blame you given that your hero Nintendo just called you wrong. But you did quote the entire thing-which means you found it all evocative of dumbness, including the part where he was dead-on right.

If you'd prefer to refer only to style and not substance, try this:

"While you might be correct, you write like a constipated monkey on crack."

It's just rude enough to believably come from you, but it actually portrays a critique of style.

If you want something a little less complicated, try this:

"You may be right, but you write dumb."

Wiinter said:
Look, you may want out of calling him wrong (in the rudest way possible) after the fact, and I don't blame you given that your hero Nintendo just called you wrong. But you did quote the entire thing-which means you found it all evocative of dumbness, including the part where he was dead-on right.

If you'd prefer to refer only to style and not substance, try this:

"While you might be correct, you write like a constipated monkey on crack."

It's just rude enough to believably come from you, but it actually portrays a critique of style.

If you want something a little less complicated, try this:

"You may be right, but you write dumb."

No one was calling him wrong. But I respect you for fishing for a reason to *****. I do the same thing, just with better accuracy.

ericlewis91 said:
it takes time..wait till 2008 when everything is online

It didn't take this much time on other consoles because other consoles weren't afraid of the feature. Nintendo flat out came out and said that they see the gaming experience as a social, physical, living room, Wii Sports experience--and people like myself should go buy a PS360 and stop whining.

George Harrison said:
If what you want is an aggressive game you can play online with your friends, maybe the Wii isn't the best fit for that.

If they've approached devs with that same attitude (and results say they probably did), no wonder we're still waiting.

Back