when will nintendo realize

Dec 7, 2006
California
Wii Online Code
6761-9252-5476-6246
When will Nintendo realize that they need to abandon the whole friend code per game, and even wii code system?

Do they not read online how much we find it just in the way and an inconvenience? I mean has there been any serious stories about xbox's online and playstations online getting boys and girls in danger?

It's just a hassle, and really no point, because the majority of our friends would probablly be from exchanging codes with people online that we never met.

*sigh*

and when will we be getting a head set? and i hope if they change it, all your friends will be on one list, despite the games they have for online. Also, that you get notified when the come online, can send them voice messages, or types out messages, or invite to your current game, and be able to add people you meet online.

I think they may be starting to take some notice... I personally cannot see Nintendo scrapping the friend code system entirely as it has taken a long time to set up and is also good from a safety point of view. Remeber the Wii was designed to be a 'family friendly' console and protecting children from predators was one of Nintendo's key concerns. The code system ensures that only people who consent to others interacting with their system can interact.

However, Super Smash Bros Brawl does support two online modes. One is friend code based and the other allows you to challenge 'anyone'. Therefore you will be able to play SSBB againt any other player in the world, regardless of whether you have exchanged friend codes or not. The only down side to this is that you will be unable to view any kind of personal information about you apponent and there is also no ranking system when playing against 'anyone'. So basically you will be able to play against anybody in the world, but not with all of the features that will be available to those who have exchanged friend codes. Hopefully this will be a step into open online play and perhaps future games will include some basic info on opponents. Even if a ranking system was developed simply with usernames it would be better than nothing.

Also, there have been rumours that voice chat will be launched along with Mario Kart wii. Not sure how accurate they are but if they do prove to be true it would be a great boost for the online aspect of the Wii.

Hope this helps.

ss2miraitrunks21 said:
When will Nintendo realize that they need to abandon the whole friend code per game, and even wii code system?

Do they not read online how much we find it just in the way and an inconvenience? I mean has there been any serious stories about xbox's online and playstations online getting boys and girls in danger?

It's just a hassle, and really no point, because the majority of our friends would probablly be from exchanging codes with people online that we never met.

*sigh*

and when will we be getting a head set? and i hope if they change it, all your friends will be on one list, despite the games they have for online. Also, that you get notified when the come online, can send them voice messages, or types out messages, or invite to your current game, and be able to add people you meet online.

Sounds to me like you should have bought an Xbox, not a Wii as all of the features you want are on that system.

FC's prevent random idiots from adding me to their system and then contacting me while I play with my friends. I like them and pray that Nintendo NEVER changes it's mind over them, although simplifying the system so that you only need one code for each friend would be nice.

Seeing as Nintendo and Sony are apparently being sued for breach of patent over their controllers, how long would it take Microsoft to call in the lawyers if Nintendo copied XBLA on the Wii?

Back