Hmm... Slight inconvenience with the friends codes?

Kumoriken

Banned
Sep 30, 2006
Princeville, (Kauai) Hawaii
Wii Online Code
3916-4519-7595-8108
Well, after adding a few people's friend codes, I've come to realize that there is a slight annoyance with this function. So... At first, I figured that when you add someone's friend code, it would send a message of notice to their Wii or something, to notify them that someone has added them to their address book. But nope, apparently not. So... Now you have to contact them another way to notify them yourself that you've added them, and you have to give them your friend code. Don'cha think that it's kind of stupid that you have to go through all of that instead of just having them notified automatically? >.> What's up with that? I see no purpose in it. >.<

The only good thing about it..I guess..would be for people not into the whole mii friends thing..they wouldn't be bothered by getting notices of people adding them and such. I found it annoying however, so I know what you mean.

Well, you could, but some people would find that annoying as well. Can't please everyone I guess.

Loria said:
Well, you could, but some people would find that annoying as well. Can't please everyone I guess.
Well, they could have put a preference menu or something that would allow you to recieve new requests, or automatically decline them, or something like that.

they need to show peoples' friends lists and stuff so we can add other people quicker. i see no reason why not to have someone on your list (unless they spam?) so its not like hiding codes is that big of a deal.

though you cant even share your wii code on nintendo.com forums so whatever :tard:

maybe in future updates?

You have to remember that the friend code system was designed with young kids in mind. If it were a confim/deny type system, then you would get kids accepting requests from strangers and possibly giving out information that they shouldn't. It's not a really common occurance, but it does happen. This is what Nintendo is trying to prevent.

registerednerd said:
You have to remember that the friend code system was designed with young kids in mind. If it were a confim/deny type system, then you would get kids accepting requests from strangers and possibly giving out information that they shouldn't. It's not a really common occurance, but it does happen. This is what Nintendo is trying to prevent.

Well, that's another thing that the parental controls could be used with. *Shrugs* There are a lot of ways to work around this, y'know.

hackinfection said:
wii number: 0108 4392 4725 7213 nick: Rayne ;) add me
Umm... No?.. Dude, this thread has nothing to do with people posting their codes on the forum. There's a sticky for that. Now shoo. xP

Back