What is the fuss over friend codes?

mushroomedmario

ssb4life
May 5, 2007
Waterloo, ontario, canada
Wii Online Code
5701-4561-7633-7008
seriously, i like them....

along with playing nintendo games, as a kid, i was into a lot of pc gaming(wc, cs, sc)

NOTE-steam was a lot harder to add a friend back in the day....way harder than adding someone on msc

and my friends were into the 1337 talk back than and they created usernames like

7Ehh.G.R.E4T.Z0Hm8i3

with zeros that could be the letter 'oh' or vice versa and it was quite annoying(don't forget this point if you choose to debate over friendcodes(and even than don't be an idiot about it))

a friend code is relatively easy, just write it down, enter it on your wii, and presto just like that you have a friend, now how many friends do you plan on having, even the most would typically be like 20, unless your someone that brags about fighting other people on wiichat like lik or shoko

now i probably have about 50 phone numbers in my cellphone, and i don't ever recalling about me thinking how inconvenient putting the number in my cellphone is

so really? what's so bad about friendcodes?

I'd like to be able to freely play people and know their username and see their records and have full control of the game settings without spending 4 hours typing codes in on my Wii!

I really don't mind the existence of friend codes as well. After all, I know that I will mainly be playing against my friends online anyway. But yeah, it would be nice if Nintendo also allowed for people to have random matches as well, which I think may be implemented within future online games.

friends codes take longer to connect two people

nd i would not mind friend codes so much say if

i added you and you got a message sasying someone has added you ACCEPT, DECLINE

instead of i add you you add me

this would be quicker and easier.

also if i played someone i like, online i would like to just be able to add them there and then,

not have to magically find out there code then add it then somehow get them to read my code then they add me.

also it means we have to go pout of our way to get codes and post our codes and add them on our wiis.

when all thats happening is we are adding random people we dont actually know anyway.

i have 15 people on my wii list, i would have more if it wasnt such hassle.

but i do not even know one of them in real life and know very little about them, which inevitable that every one who has a wii and online will get codes of people they dont know so why does nintendo bother

daviduk200 said:
friends codes take longer to connect two people

nd i would not mind friend codes so much say if

i added you and you got a message sasying someone has added you ACCEPT, DECLINE

instead of i add you you add me

this would be quicker and easier.

also if i played someone i like, online i would like to just be able to add them there and then,

not have to magically find out there code then add it then somehow get them to read my code then they add me.

also it means we have to go pout of our way to get codes and post our codes and add them on our wiis.

when all thats happening is we are adding random people we dont actually know anyway.

i have 15 people on my wii list, i would have more if it wasnt such hassle.

but i do not even know one of them in real life and know very little about them, which inevitable that every one who has a wii and online will get codes of people they dont know so why does nintendo bother

really? wow i didn't think it would be that easy to mess up a 12 digit number lol

What's so bad about friend codes? Nothing, but there's better systems available and it's kind of stupid not to take advantage of them. Given the choice of being 5914 887 4961 5647 or being Tairusu, I think I'd much rather be Tairusu. Just like I'd rather identify myself to people by using my name instead of my social security number.

I don't think any one can say that this system is better than individualized names and profiles.

laz305 said:
this isn't xbox live, even as much as we'd like it to be

Yeah but they could at least make it mediocre. I've deleted all FC pms since its just a huge f-ing hassle!

Thats my opinion k'.

Also pointing and clicking with the wii remote makes my arm quite sore after 2 hours, after that I just can't hit the right number. Such a damned chore!

Back