no online multiplayer games... EVER?!

No online multiplayer games for Wii !?

megaweapon said:
So i was reading in my new issue of EGM (may 07) and it says

"Both Microsoft and Sony are enjoying online play, but apparently this idea isn't connecting with Nintendo. This isn't helping either: SNK America President Ben Herman stated in an interview with Spong.com that Nintendo (still) isn't letting publishers include online capabilities in their games. Hmm, not very friendly."

what do you guys think? are we ever going to be able to play each other on the Wii?!?!?!?

i cant wait for SSB:B or Mario Party 8.......... but will they be Multiplayer Online?!

wtf?

I for one am VERY upset about this. Out of the three systems I chose the Wii not only because of it's great control system, but because of the automatic wifi which I figured was in place to ENSURE easy online multiplayer gaming!

BOY WAS I WRONG!

Not only does there not appear to be any games out there that you can play with someone online, the Wiis RIDICULOUSly complicated system of trading and confirming 16 digit credit card like numbers in order to mearly send a message or a Mii figure is INSANE and STUPID.

All the trouble to find people online.. no central server sit to find friends, and then, NO MULTIPLAYER GAMES?? WHAT IS NINTENDO THINKING?

I have to say I was/am truly astounded at this completely idiotic move by nintendo and it has lowered my love and rating of the Wii considerably.
Who likes single player games against the computer when you can play with other real people and friends? I for SURE thought that we sports, and Wii play, were going to allow you to play not only with people in your own living room, but online. I thought I must be an idiot or just 'missing' how to properly do it but when I got online and found everyone else just as baffled as me, it really sunk in - NINTENDO made a dreadfully bad decision and I on ly HOPE this can be fixed and updated when they realized they have sabotaged an otherwise great little system.

- An unhappy and baffled Wii owner and multiplayer ONLINE fan -

Blackout

PS: The voting channel???? Is this the best multiuser activity Wii can get out of Wii??? With ABSURDLY dumb questions that take FOREVER to update?

They yap and yap about Wiis connectivity and then they DONT HAVE ONLINE PLAy... oh gosh ok I am getting worked up I better stop before I chuck my Wii in the garbage and go buy an Xbox 360 which may not have those great controls but at least I can play my friends without them PHYSICALLY being at my house. Unless Nintendo wants to include a TELEPORTER with the system, they have FAILED MISERABLY. :mad5:

Nfanboy said:
so how is Metroid Prime Hunters? I heard the Wi-Fi is incredible, but I heard the 1-player isn't that good.

I got bored with the single player mode but wifi is the best but as i say iam getting my arse kicked on there so i need all the practice i can get, and the controls are good once you get used to it but it does leave me feeling like this :mad2: after a game or two :incazzato:

GO SUCK YOUR CRAP THATSTOBADD!!!!!!

I hate people who complain about Wii not having online yet.

It's not the end of the world!

And Wii has FUN and GOOD games. NOT gay or kiddie.

You should be banned

blackoutDOTcom said:
I for one am VERY upset about this. Out of the three systems I chose the Wii not only because of it's great control system, but because of the automatic wifi which I figured was in place to ENSURE easy online multiplayer gaming!

BOY WAS I WRONG!

Not only does there not appear to be any games out there that you can play with someone online, the Wiis RIDICULOUSly complicated system of trading and confirming 16 digit credit card like numbers in order to mearly send a message or a Mii figure is INSANE and STUPID.

All the trouble to find people online.. no central server sit to find friends, and then, NO MULTIPLAYER GAMES?? WHAT IS NINTENDO THINKING?

I have to say I was/am truly astounded at this completely idiotic move by nintendo and it has lowered my love and rating of the Wii considerably.
Who likes single player games against the computer when you can play with other real people and friends? I for SURE thought that we sports, and Wii play, were going to allow you to play not only with people in your own living room, but online. I thought I must be an idiot or just 'missing' how to properly do it but when I got online and found everyone else just as baffled as me, it really sunk in - NINTENDO made a dreadfully bad decision and I on ly HOPE this can be fixed and updated when they realized they have sabotaged an otherwise great little system.

- An unhappy and baffled Wii owner and multiplayer ONLINE fan -

Blackout

PS: The voting channel???? Is this the best multiuser activity Wii can get out of Wii??? With ABSURDLY dumb questions that take FOREVER to update?

They yap and yap about Wiis connectivity and then they DONT HAVE ONLINE PLAy... oh gosh ok I am getting worked up I better stop before I chuck my Wii in the garbage and go buy an Xbox 360 which may not have those great controls but at least I can play my friends without them PHYSICALLY being at my house. Unless Nintendo wants to include a TELEPORTER with the system, they have FAILED MISERABLY. :mad5:

as much as i agree with u im gonna have to disagree. yeah the wii may have a couple terrible games but most of them are desent. theh wii may not have multiplayer, bu tas i said in other threads; thats good for us in the US. let me tell u why i said that. yeah japan has had it since launch. australia gets it next month. but u know wat the let down is for them? their online wont be even as close to perfect as ours will be. yeah we have to wait for two more months, but come on, is that the worst that could happen? like u said its been 4-5 months. guess wat thats a whole lot longer than 2 months. now im not tryin to make u change ur mind about getting an xbox 360, b/c im gonna get it this summer myself, but im not gonna trade in my wii for it. im getting it for halo 3 when that comes out, to play with my cousins in the same room on the same tv. nintendo like people have said on threads always handles out surprises. couldnt u wait 2 more little quick months for online. yeah we're all a little impatient when it comes to a neew good system with online. its not gonna kill u for the wait. but like i said before, we're gonna have the best online apart from the other countries that get online before us, why b/c ours was pushed back a lot, annd they upgraded it alot. to wait 2 more months.

just stop hating on Nintendo. Yes online play isn't here yet, but just WAIT. I really don't care at all about online, because I've been playing my SNES and it doesn't have online, and just because it doesn't have online doesn't mean it is bad.

I am SOOOOO SICK of people freaking out about Wii not having online yet!!! JUST WAIT!!

I hate you all people who complain aabout anything Wii!!! Just go suck your crap!!!

thatstobadd56 said:
this is starting to p*** me off
im sick of nintendo not having online play...its been what 4-5 mths and still NO online play...i swear to the god's of jelly that if there isn't online play...i'm going to trade my Wii in for a Xbox 360..its been waaay to freaking long..nintendo has been releasing kiddie and gay games. Nintendo's being a sh** right now.

i'm also p***ed off because i can't have Xbox live because of the fact i dont have a broadband connection in my room,,,,,,(this is the original Xbox)

-matt(attack)- mattack

Your missing one vital ingredient of online gaming on what ever console you choose :idea: A BROADBAND CONNECTION

:mad2:

Nfanboy said:
just stop hating on Nintendo. Yes online play isn't here yet, but just WAIT. I really don't care at all about online, because I've been playing my SNES and it doesn't have online, and just because it doesn't have online doesn't mean it is bad.

I am SOOOOO SICK of people freaking out about Wii not having online yet!!! JUST WAIT!!

I hate you all people who complain aabout anything Wii!!! Just go suck your crap!!!

wats ur wii number??

whoa whoa whoa,
okay i went overboard with the part about me saying the games are gay and kiddie..only some are..i mean i love Zelda: Tp, NFS: Carbon, CoD, and similar games. i guess i was caught up in the moment when i read about online play. buuut pokemon games are waay boring now, and there for 7-12yr olds..im 16 so i think its lame,,, other games that on the Wii that are lame: Dewys Adventure, monkey ball, and Harry Potter. i agree with you that the Wii has FUN and GOOD games but a lot of them are just kiddie

P.S. I own a Wii and hate PS3, so its not like i hate Nintendo, i'm just very P.O'd with there non-online playing.

Nfanboy said:
GO SUCK YOUR CRAP THATSTOBADD!!!!!!

I hate people who complain about Wii not having online yet.

It's not the end of the world!

And Wii has FUN and GOOD games. NOT gay or kiddie.

You should be banned

Perhaps you newby players still think singal player games are fun but I have played every singal player theme out there and until one comes out that has a different concept than every game I have conquered since the Ultima and Bards tale days, I want online multiplayer. If I wanted a single player game I'd still be playing Ultima IV and V

I'm just guessing but I think that this might have something to do with the fact that Nintendo will have very little control over the subject matter of the conversations that go on online. For instance, if you've played an good amount of Uno on Xbox live with Xbox vision, you've probably run into some of perverts that show their junk and talk horny to you. Not very family friendly but that is simply the way the internet is.

If I wanted to play games online I would use a PC ... and let's face it, it is and will always be better for it! The Wii is supposed to be single / local multi-player console. Didn't you guys see the commercials? The silly Asians all huddled around the TV playing tennis..

I'm sure Nintendo will add more soon though... anything they can potentially profit from will be added.

TBH I think we will first see things like a Wii controller for the computer before we see full out online Wii gaming.

when will the first good Wii online multi game come out??? (not counting pokemon because its kinda fruity)

Yeah I wouldn't worry. For ANY company to ignore online, even if Sega comes back from the console graveyard, they'd be committing console suicide and they know it. It's impossible to ignore Halo's popularity, most of which is owed to its online play. Nintendo *IS* gaming. I'm sure they're just not allowing it *yet*. My guess is Nintendo wants Pokemon or Mario Strikers or whatever to be the big online debut for the Wii. If something like Call of Duty 3 had online (which was the big letdown about that one) and Nintendo released something like Mario Party WITHOUT online, they'd have no excuse. But I think Mario Strikers having online, if it was the online debut game, would be its biggest selling point since it was ENORMOUSLY successful. As far as Pokemon... I just bought my DS today knowing that one will allow the WiFi play *and* DS-Wii compatibility. I'm not even that into Pokemon.
Patience.

Yeah but it is up to the USERS or parents to censor what they want to hear/see or not, not the company. That's nuts. Someone will ALWAYS figure out a hack/way around it. it's like virtual disney online, it is SO filtered for words that you can't even TALK!!!

Back