Nintendo Patent a Cell Phone

i0n said:
Thanks to the Google patent search feature, a Nintendo phone patent has been unearthed. Originally filed back in November 2001 the device 'A game and a mobile phone type electronic apparatus' by Nintendo has the following features:

Patent Info: http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT7069044&id=GBh4AAAAEBAJ&dq=7069044&num=100

What this has to do with the Wii im not too sure i figured it might be of interest to Nintendo fans :p
damn i was about to post the same thing...cruse YOU! lol jokes

If they were to make something like that now, it'd probably look better if the cursor was near the top and the screen was closer to the middle. Like the iPhone, just have the screen tilt when you hold it sideways. I guess it'd be kinda like a cross between a Wii remote and a cell phone. Bluetooth capability with the Wii obviously wasn't planned back in 2001 if this is real but would be now.
But yeah... Sony probably will copy it, say they designed it, yet completely botch the release by only releasing 100 of them, making them more expensive than a car, and only releasing 2 games (non-exclusive of course) for it. And what the hell, let's make it play some random format of video disc, too.

Looks like a really cool peripheral.
A must have obviously the other photos were incredibly sleek.

It seems like this is going to be a pretty cool thing. I hope they come out with an attachment for a headset like thing so you don't have to hold it to your ear while playing oh, say, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

im guessing that if it ever comes out itll be a Wii based Voip phone... that works with the bluetooth system through the Wifi... its a great idea, imagine them partnering up with skype or smone...

perhaps you could wirelessly connect to your wii and take a VC games with you, and to make sure you dont go to others friends and take the VC games they coudl have it so you input a code into the phone so it onyl responds to that wii

nintendo-wii-phone.jpg

If this really is the final prototype.
I'd definitely buy it.

Back