Nintendo Power-New RPG to be revealed on Next Cover

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
The last issue of Nintendo Power (The one with Sonic Chronicles on the cover) listed the following info on it's back page:

Next month’s cover story is an RPG so fantastic, so engrossing, so epic, and so hush-hush that we’d have to erase your memories if we told you what it is. In fact, maybe we already did. Role-playing fans, get ready for a big one.

So this issue would set to release on February 10-11. So, look for it then.

Now, the question is, what RPG is it?
Animal Crossing?
Kingdom Hearts?
Super Mario RPG 2?
Even Pokemon Wii...

I don't know. I'll let you discuss.

Linkage

CONFIRMED: The Game is Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

TOS2.jpg

Link-o-rama

Last edited:
animal crossing would be nice, but they don't even have a release date for that, just says "tba" everywhere.

There was some talk about an awsome Sonic RPG...
Maybe...nah

Whatever it is, I hope the gameplay is good. The most important part of an RPG, or any other game for that matter, is the gameplay. We shall have to wait and see how it turns out.

Tails McCloud~ said:
There was some talk about an awsome Sonic RPG...
Maybe...nah

This info also comes out of Nintendo Power about Sonic Chronicles:

- water color/hand drawn graphical style
- 4 party members
- character specific abilities
- 11 party members total
- Characters known thus far: Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, Shadow, Big the Cat
- Full stylus control
- split team at certain moments
- rings = money
- no random battles, enemies can be seen
- turn-based fighting. Make attack selections for all characters before the animations continue
- special attacks play out like Elite Beat Agents
- team attacks
- “Fatigue Points” instead of MP
- ability to choose which attributes you level up
- purchase/level special attacks
- Rough story breakdown: Sonic is on vacation from defeating Eggman 2 years ago. Gets a call from Tails that Knuckles has been kidnapped by a group called the Marauders, and that 6 chaos emeralds are missing. Eggman not the main villain. But Bioware wants to make him a creditable bad guy again. Something about a “twist” between Eggman and Sonic that goes back to the earlier games.
- 2 acts: Sonic-themed areas and darker worlds
- Remixed classic tunes
- “fully animated cut scenes”
- simple dialogue trees
- Side quests

So, that sounds as if a Sonic RPG has been confirmed. So, the game on the next issue will be something different.

probably animal crossing, since shiggy dosn't have that many projects to do

wii fit's basically done(not sure if north american version will be different than the japanese version), smg's done, mario and sonic at the olympic game's done

so that just leaves wii music, mario kart and animal crossing.

My money's on Animal Crossing too. Hopefully if they were to announce it soon, we could get it before the end of the summer or at least before the Holiday rush.

legend of dragoon 2 please!

or a kingdom hearts title would be pretty sweet.

Kingdom Hearts please.
Probably Sonic because Sega's trying to get more interest for sonic games (Sonic in Brawl)

A Sonic RPG has already been confirmed. So, that wouldn't qualify as "hush-hush'... of course nor would Animal Crossing. (Saying as this game's been basically confirmed as well)

I'm actually gonna say it's either a new IP or something we've never heard of before..

Oh thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye on this.

Wonder what it could be.. hope it's good ^_^

Well i guess it cant be Dragon Quest Swords or Baroque as they are already known.

Looks like 2008 could be a good year for RPGs on Wii. :thumbsup:

Back