Nintendo Respond to Wii Sports 2

Wiihead
Dec 5, 2006
Kingston, Ontario Canada.
Wii Online Code
8977-0087-6875-3601
Nintendo have responded to the rumours from earlier this week that suggested that there is going to be a second Wii Sports title in the future. Nintendo Europe had this to say about the possilbity of the game.

We’re really pleased with the reaction to Wii Sports - from people completely new to gaming to the hardcore fans everyone has taken to it straight away. It might just be the most popular game this Christmas in homes across the UK.

If the game is to be made then it is rumoured that it will feature many other sporting activities like hockey, volleyball, swimming and horse riding. Not only this but online play may be a feature in the possible sequel.

Online Play ftw! If this comes out will people really be willing to fork over 50 bucks for the limited graphics? I understand since right now it's free everyone, including myself, is raving for it, but once it is released as a real, $50 title, will it sell?

Just an absolute rumour at the moment. But if there was a Wii Sports 2, I'd want single player tennis, some form of cricket, javelin (would work quite well with the remote), ice hockey, dodgeball, basketball, badminton and online play.

If this is rumoured why does everyone keep suggesting the same 10 games in different orders, there are many more sports and they will pick whatever works best with the controlls.

And if it was in the making they would actualy say so to start early hype, these rumours are BS just like almost all others Wii ones.

This has no credibility... but I hope it's real. They need to put the original 5 games in there with online support plus like 5 new games with online support. That would be awesome. I'd like them to make the other games better too. (Like baseball - make it more interactive).

Possible online play?! This rumor is not credible. It would be suicide not to have online play.

Who said there will only be 5 games:tard:

Nintendo will never make Wii Sports 2 with 5 games and try to sell it for $50.00.

It'll either come with a Wii-Mote (like Wii-Play) or they will have 10-20 games + online support and sell it for $50.00

Zori said:
Online Play ftw! If this comes out will people really be willing to fork over 50 bucks for the limited graphics? I understand since right now it's free everyone, including myself, is raving for it, but once it is released as a real, $50 title, will it sell?

I'd buy it, I'd have bought the first one for that much. The graphics are not bad at all in Wii sports in fact it is one of the most pleasing games to look at in a long while and one of my favorite games. Simple graphics does not mean bad graphics, and anyway we all know Nintendos stance on graphics and after wii sports I totally agree with them.

Wii sports is worth a Wii alone, Wi sports 2? I'd love it if it's like the first with online play it will be the best thing ever times twelve.

if there is a wii sports 2 i would like them to put some more options such as...night time bowling or daytime, single or doubles in tennis, and things like that :)

"if there is a wii sports 2 i would like them to put some more options such as...night time bowling or daytime, single or doubles in tennis, and things like that "

Thats some great creative thinking there dude! I love it! Simple to implement from a development standpoint aswell.

You made me think of downhill skii'ing too.. I mean think of how boxing is controlled and both hands move independantly, Apply that to two ski poles and give us some hills! :p

Baseball gets boring fast, but what if you could run the bases? It would be like the "Rabbits don't give gifts" level in Rayman's where you make running motions with your arms. And it would have a box on the side showing where the ball is. You could either stop on the base or keep on running.

Back