Nintendo Usb Wifi Adapter Question

HighFlyer

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2007
This is the only option for me to get my wii online. My question to anyone who uses it, do you notice a loss of internet speed when accessing online stuff with the wii compared to your home computer. Also what kind of signal strength does the usb adapter have. Thanks

i dont notice this, however i strongly suggest buying a router instead. for about twenty bucks more you can get a reliable source of wireless for your whole house instead of just your wii. i had the datel wifi max instead of the nintendo one and i had to basically teach myself about IP addresses, gateways, and DNS servers in order to get it to work. sometimes it would be recognized as a wireless dongle, and other times it would be a flash drive. but that wasnt the nintendo one. anyway i still say a router is the way to go because i know for a fact that the wii will autoconfigure itself and you dont have to manually input anythng..

if you do get a router make sure you do the following in the right order:

1. First, unplug your cable modem, as well as your router (neither should be powered on/plugged in).
2. Connect your router to your modem via ethernet cable.
3. Plug in your modem(power on). Wait about a minute.
4. Plug in your router(power on). Wait a little. this should autoconfigure the router to your modem.
5.also make sure your router is compatible with wii obviously

Back