Nintendo Wii Has Finnaly Surpassed The Xbox 360...Fastest Selling Console of all time

CyanRussel

2062-8990-6509 GET READY!
Mar 19, 2007
In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
Wii Online Code
3760-9059-7725-6846
I dont know how this cant be true, but for those non-believers....your gonna have to believe it!!

(No Spamming, No Flamers....if you dont like it....Then Dont Post)

According to the report, total Wii units sold stand at 10.6 million, slightly more than the Xbox 360's estimated 10.5 million. Since its release, the Wii has outsold 360 by a margin of more than 2 to 1.

By comparison, Sony's PS3 has sold just 4.3 million systems worldwide since launching last November.

VG Chartz claims this to be the first time that Nintendo has been the leader in both the home console and handheld markets since 1994 when the company's Super NES and Game Boy lines reigned supreme. Currently, the DS and Wii are the top two selling system's in the industry.

Additionally, the report claims despite continued shortages, Wii has managed to become the fasting selling console of all time selling at a greater pace than the most widely purchased console in history, Sony's PlayStation 2.

"In just two years, home console sales for the three major manufacturers have effectively reversed," said VG Chartz in a statement on its website. "This will have a large impact on third party publishers and will undoubtedly influence the decisions they make in the future."

Finally, my man, it has come true, and I knew it was gonna be like this sooner or later, and I'm glad it was sooner..now all those people saying this could not happen, they were wrong.

wow. its amazing how you could go from dead last (gamecube) all the way up to the best of all time (Wii). way to go nintendo!

{Axtlár} said:
Finally, my man, it has come true, and I knew it was gonna be like this sooner or later, and I'm glad it was sooner..now all those people saying this could not happen, they were wrong.
Yea, all them HATERS out there:lol:

Nin10Dude64 said:
wow. its amazing how you could go from dead last (gamecube) all the way up to the best of all time (Wii). way to go nintendo!
Yea, all them GameCube haters.....and that really is shocking....

2 to 1??? Is that true?? just wanted to know cuz i thought we were barely in the lead

It's 2:1 because it has taken Microsoft TWO years to sell what Nintendo has sold in ONE year. This means nintendo has sold TWO units to every ONE Xbox

no, not barely...we have even surpassed the Xbox in games being developed and already on the market..and that could be more easily said about the ps3 with only 270 games while the Wii has 335. How you like us now PSCrap?

The wii is ahead.....lets just hope this doesnt happen:

To fade or not to fade, that is the question.

Fact: Nintendo's Wii is on track to outsell Sony's record-setting PS2 at 115 million units sold. That's according to comparative NPD sales data for both systems. No other console has sold faster in its first eight months of availability than the Wii.

Despite its undisputed initial success, however, several industry pundits remain unconvinced. "The Wii will fade," they say, suggesting that the machine's novel motion-controls and antiquated graphics technology will soon cause the system to wane in popularity.

They're probably right, assuming one of two scenarios. Scenario A: Nintendo and/or its third-parties are incapable of delivering compelling software throughout Wii's life cycle (however long that may be). Or Scenario B: That Nintendo will not release a Wii successor before the traditional five year shelf life expires.

Despite what core gamers may think, Nintendo has marketed loads of compelling software thus far. Notice the use of "marketed" as opposed to "delivered." The latter is up to the individual gamer to decide, whereas the former is completely up to Nintendo. And they've done a brilliant job so far in telling the world that they make the most entertaining home console. Perception is everything, and Nintendo owns it at the moment. Because of this, people continue to gobble up Wiis, and third-party publishers have more exclusive games forthcoming for the system than both the Xbox 360 and PS3 as a result.

Wii vs. PS2 launch sales (NPD)
But Nintendo can't last on great marketing and the novelty of Wii Sports alone. They must keep a steady influx of Wii Sports-eque games in the pipe like the forthcoming Wii Fit and Wii Music if they wish to keep their audience engaged. To fill in the gaps and appease those looking for more traditional games, Nintendo's venerable list of first-party titles such as Mario, Metroid, and Zelda, and non-deviant third-party games should broaden the console's library rather nicely.

Analyst Michael Pachter agrees.

"I think consumers will favorably respond to the system as long as games stay fresh and fun," he says. "That may be a very long time."

That being the case, Scenario A seems unlikely provided Nintendo doesn't get lazy. Given their recent taste of success, it's doubtful they will.

There is one caveat with Scenario A, however; that is the relevance of the hardcore gamer to Wii's sustainability. If Nintendo is in fact expanding the market, then all should be well at Redmond headquarters. But if Nintendo has merely rallied traditional gamers for a short time while only adding a small number of readily-seen non-gamers, the company could be in trouble as the Wii's current lineup of games does little to sate the long-term appetites of hardcore gamers.

So what if gamers, including the casual ones, ultimately grow tired of Wii's limited graphics and processing power in just two to three years? Analyst Michael Pachter says not to overlook Nintendo's ability to abandon the standard five year life cycle when it comes to releasing a Wii successor.

"Consumers may hope for improved graphics, and my guess is that Nintendo will comply," he says. "In two or three years, commodity prices for graphics processors and CPUs may decline to the point that a High Definition Wii could be introduced. If so, Nintendo will likely introduce one."

In other words, anything is possible. If Miyamoto and company have taught us anything over the last year, it is that they can't be underestimated.

How long can the Wii keep winning, then? The short answer: as long as Nintendo stays on top of its current game (regardless if you like their offering or not) and Microsoft or Sony don't start selling a comparable substitute.

Granted, external factors such as third-party games and the public's growing interest in high-definition televisions are sure to play an important role, but Nintendo appears to have the first issue in the bag, and the second one may not be that far behind.

Knew this would be coming sooner or later. I guess my predictions were wrong...I guessed Q1 2008. Nice post, Cyan.

hmm.........it might go higher when christmas comes around.....all those littles kids...... "me want a wii.....me want a wii"....:lol:

NINTENDO RULES!!!

hope it stays that way.....:lol:

Back