No More Heroes Verdict

ally_uk

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
So I have been playing this game for the last few days.

I decided to list a few thoughts on the game. Initially I was quite happy with this game but now I have a few gripes which could be improved upon if they make a sequel.

Firstly the fighting mechanics need to be rehauled espeically I think the sword action would suit Wii remote swinging more.

Secondly the game is very repetitve and samey there the game often feels very linear at times and repeating the process of pressing the A button for fighting gets a bit lame after a few hours.

Thirdly the game world is pretty dull there doesn't seem to be any NPC's around the city who you can interact with.

I would give this game about 70 - 75% I will more than likely trade it in once I have completed it.

Yeah it does have black blood which kinda sucks

All in all i wouldn't recommend this game as an essential purchase i'd say rent it!

LOL, too late. Ive bought the US version, I'm just waiting for my Freeloader to arrive...

What an unepic 1,000th post...

ZOMG!!! NO MORE HEROES IS GOING TO TOTALLY OWN!!! I'M NOT LISTENING TO ANYONE BAGGING IT OUT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS GAME SINCE IT WAS ANNOUNCED......... (and I bet its going to let me down hard)

A button was put in place so they was not so much swinging, personally I thought the fighting was well done, limiting the swinging of the remote to just final strikes was a good idea. Maybe in the sequel they will include different options for controls.

The city and interactions could be improved though, I liked the art style of the game but some things did look kinda ugly.

Still its one of my favourite Wii games, next to Brawl.

only started playing this game yesterday. Certainly isnt the best game I've ever played, but I am enjoying playing it.

I can see how the game could be repetitive over time, but I feel the originality in style and gameplay make up for this.

Also, I am in the UK, but mine has red blood, not black!!!!!!:yesnod:

ally_uk said:
Yeah it does have black blood which kinda sucks

All in all i wouldn't recommend this game as an essential purchase i'd say rent it!
Well I was thinking of getting this game over Rainbow Six Vegas 2, but I don't think I'll be doing that now.

From reviews, and the majority of peoples views, NMH is a great game. But ive yet to play it. Looks good to me though.

I liked it. It gets repetitive in the sense that GTA is repetitive. You have to constantly kill in different ways, but I really like it. It was different. Some guy with a lightsaber goes around killing people as they yell "My spleen!". It's classic. I only disliked that the guy who gives you a part-time job tells you to meet the client, then it winds up being him. They could've easily introduced different characters...

Back