No video output, everything else works fine.

Adenoid

WiiChat Member
Oct 29, 2011
Estonia
Ok, the "Wii Troubleshooting" thread is useless for me, so I try with a new thread.

Hi!

I haven't been able to play my Wii for about 1,5 years now.
The problem is it has no video output, sound is ok and everything else also works fine (menus, controllers, disc reader). Tried another cable, another tv and much more... with no results. Have googled for hours, found just some people with the same problem but not a single fix.
Please help, I miss my baby :cry:

One 'n a half years... ? You've got my sympathy, man. o_o

If it's not the cable or the TV, I'd come to the conclusion that your Wii is a different region than your TV (NTSC for the Americas, PAL for Europe, etc.) and thus incompatible, or your Wii's broken in some way. If you didn't get your TV/Wii from a different country from where you got your TV, it's definitely the fact the Wii is malfunctioning. I'd recommend contacting Nintendo for repairs ASAP if this is the case... I think you've waited long enough to get your Wii up and running again.

So, after ~1.5 years (last played April 10, 2010) of collecting dust in the corner I got my wii working again.
I decided to ask my friend to give me his component cable, I plugged it into my wii and projector... IT WORKED!! :mad2: Now the problem is that this projector is the only thing in my house that has component input. Pathetic :D
Now what?? Buy a converter? Pay for AV encoder repair or replacement? Buy tv with component in? Use my projector until the bulb dies?

Back