No Wiikly update for July 16...and ESRB strangness??

mym6

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2007
ND USA
Sorry, press.nintendo.com doesn't have the info on the site yet, it's typically there by 7am CDT.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else check out esrb.com once in a while? Well something has changed because I don't think you can use them to "see the future" anymore. Wikipedia mentions some games that should soon be coming to the VC and claims they are listed in the ESRB database. This isn't the case for many of them (Super Metroid for example). Also, Mario 2 is not listed in the ESRB at all.

Just conect your wii up

Thats what I do

Well two things....

I had to send my Wii in for repair. It would buzz loudly after playing for about 10 minutes, no matter what kind of disc was in the system, GCN or Wii. So I can't check.

The other reason is press.nintendo.com tells you what is being released a few hours before it appears in the shop channel. I usually post the wiikly update info a little after 7am CDT.

They've done this before. The press updated late when SM64 & Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time came out. Who knows we may get something special today. :D

It could be something big which is why I through in the comment about ESRB. It seems the ESRB time machine isn't going to let us in on the secret anymore.

mym6 said:
It could be something big which is why I through in the comment about ESRB. It seems the ESRB time machine isn't going to let us in on the secret anymore.
Yeah, well only 2 hours till we know for sure.

<LI class=regularitem xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">16 Jul - Balloon Fight - Nintendo Entertainment System

<LI class=regularitem xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">Posted: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:00:00 GMT

In Balloon Fight, the player controls a Balloon Fighter who flies around with two balloons on his back. The object of the game is to defeat all of the enemies in each level by popping the balloon on ...
<LI class=regularitem>16 Jul - Paper Mario - Nintendo 64

Posted: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:00:00 GMT

Up in Star Haven, there exists a Star Wand that allows the stars to grant wishes to those who are pure of heart. The Star Wand is looked over by the Seven Star Spirits, who protect it in its ...
<LI class=regularitem>16 Jul - Silent Debuggers - TurboGrafx-16

Posted: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:00:00 GMT

Everything is deathly silent as you explore the abandoned space station. What terrifying secret could have wiped out that whole patrol of Debuggers, the galaxy's fierce masters of combat? Wait.... ...

Tis true
YUou got paper Mario

mym6 said:
Sorry, press.nintendo.com doesn't have the info on the site yet, it's typically there by 7am CDT.

On a semi-related note, does anyone else check out esrb.com once in a while? Well something has changed because I don't think you can use them to "see the future" anymore. Wikipedia mentions some games that should soon be coming to the VC and claims they are listed in the ESRB database. This isn't the case for many of them (Super Metroid for example). Also, Mario 2 is not listed in the ESRB at all.

Unfortunately ESRB (and the other age rating lists) can only tell you a game's going to be released, but not when. Some games have been on their list for many months now. Most games are obvious anyway- I mean, of course they're going to release Super Metroid.

So... we know the games...
When's the update...

So for the 2nd time is 3 weeks we had a good release morning. First SMB 2 and now paper mario, personally I don't care about paper mario but I've been paying attention and their are a lot of people here who have been anticipating its release so I'm happy for you guys. Maybe next week we will get turtles 2 or something cool like that.

Napalmbrain said:
Unfortunately ESRB (and the other age rating lists) can only tell you a game's going to be released, but not when. Some games have been on their list for many months now. Most games are obvious anyway- I mean, of course they're going to release Super Metroid.

Well, of course they are. It's *Super* Metroid. :cool:

But I'm getting at is that some games aren't even being listed on there at all now, where before you'd see them in the ESRB before they were released. Zelda II was in the ESRB for awhile before being released. Mario 2 was just released and it's not listed in ESRB at all. Paper Mario isn't listed on the ESRB web site either yet here it is, listed on press.nintendo.com

Back