non-USB chargers?

I have this charge station. I recommend it because you'll have batteries for ever. When you want to play something, the batteries are always at 100%. If you have enough money... you must buy it.

well it may be but some come with factory problems were you have to pull the contact lense for it to work properly.

krisv2010 said:
yea the nyko one works great i recomend it

yeah and again i repeat some of them come with minor or great defects. so be careful when you buy it and make sure to return it if it has any defects whatsoever.

i still think rechargeable batteries are a better deal. for 25 bucks you can get a charger and 2 batteries or maybe even 4 and they will last you for a long time. and when it's time to change, you just need to buy the rechargeable batteries.

Skippy said:
I agree. That Nyko charge station is top notch.

Another +1 on the Nyko product - we bought one right up front before our Wii even arrived. It seems like a more seamless solution vs. standard rechargeable batteries that need to be removed.

Pick up remote from charge station - play - return. Alway charged. It's possible with 4 remotes it might be a little more cost effective with conventional batteries though.

For us, with just 2 remotes, it gives them a nice looking stand and as an additional sort of perk, the rubberized grips (on the replacement battery covers) are pretty nice!

~DT

I would get the Nyko one because it has a space for the Wiimote to stand up and it looks more organized.... but the real question is....with the rubber grip can you put it in the Wii Wheel or the Wii Zapper?

Pikachu256 said:
I would get the Nyko one because it has a space for the Wiimote to stand up and it looks more organized.... but the real question is....with the rubber grip can you put it in the Wii Wheel or the Wii Zapper?

That is an excellent question...

...for which I don't have an answer :lol:

The additional rubber grib area doesn't really increase the size much - it's nearly flush with the rest of the controller (the OEM part). I'd say that unless the slot/holder for those peripherals has a SUPER tight tolerance, it would probably be fine.

Though that might be a "selling point" for a recharge solution that uses the OEM battery covers.

~DT

Back