Not a dig at the Wii but...

Deospawn said:
I beg to differ. I think that with the Wii, there's no set demographic; which, in Nintendo's case, is a brilliant move. Sure, there's games for the children...the little ones, that is...and then there's games for Nintendo's core fanbase. There's innovative games which you won't find on other systems, there's games you can play with the whole family, there's some "adult-oriented" games (not as much as the 360 or PS3, but still.), et cetera. And don't forget about the Virtual Console, which is updated a couple times a month. :D

There isn't a set demographic for Wii but there is for Nintendo. Nintendo always tries to make games for everyone, though personally it doesn't always turn out that way.

The Wii itself is attracting developers to target casual gamers because they see the Wii's motion controls and point&click feature as something casual gamers will pick up and learn easily, which is true... Hell they were talking about how the old folk play the Wii on Good Morning America. There was a old guy playing Wii sports (bowling) and ironically an old lady playing... Zelda?!

I really think that when someone who isnt used to games looks at a controller they see it as if it were an instrument, like a piano. They try to play but they always forget which button does what and they keep pressing the wrong buttons so they become fustrated and games are too hard for them.

My dad was used to play NES and SNES simple controllers and easily adapted to games. But as soon as N64 came out with the joystick he was lost forever. He could never control his characters at all. He gave up on football games also once you had 4-5 different buttons that represented different recievers to pass to. But he still plays hunting games because those are simple: aim and shoot. Also racing games where you just press 1 button and turn.

For me alot of the games that are being made on Wii are aimed at casual gamers so they end up be very easy and simplistic so I don't find them fun. Back in NES and SNES days they were simplistic, but not as easy. You usually had obstacles to overcome. Now days its stupid proof because literally anyone can win. This maybe fun for some people but I don't find games that are easy wins to be fun.

I think a demographic is set for Nintendo. By going with the post about how old are people on this forum, most of them are 10-16.

Marc said:
...there really is some terrible games available for it!

I was in HMV at dinner and theres games like Party Games, Telly Addicts, Dogz/Catz, Pippa Funnell, My Horse And Me, Cranium, and a few other random titles too.

Publishers and Nintendo should be ashamed at allowing such trash to be released!!

testify

ever heard of a little devil called

nija bread man?

dun dun dun

Back