Not sure if this is the browser or my router - RE: You Tube Pausing

talon1

WiiChat Member
Feb 1, 2007
I have a linsys wrt54g router. set up with WEP 128 in mixed mode channel 1.

I notice that when I play any you tube videos on the WII, at some points the music video or video clip pauses temporarily during play, and I notice what looks like a browser refresh occurring (the blue bar appears to restart on Opera itself at the bottom).

I don't know if this is because the browser is beta or if it is my router settings ?

Every song or clip I play that is 4 to 5 minutes long, will pause at least 3 times, interrupting playback, but it will continue from the paused point.

I have never been able to watch a clip, where a few pauses do not occur.

I know that this has happened on the PC, when You tube servers are jammed, but this happens consistently on the Wii (3 to 4 times) during every clip.

Any guesses as to what may be causing this ?? Does anyone else notice this ??? By the way my DS Lite works fine and has no lag problems whatsoever.

Last edited:
mine too. its jsut that mine is slower it doesnt pause.
The sound and video are not in sync (not playing right)

Mine does too, i find if If i pause it for 30 sec b4 watchin it works fine. I dont think they got the web browser totally tweaked yet for wii they will probaly have it fixed for full release.
Does your guys browser come up full screen? Im missin about a inch or 2 at the top, it only happens in webbrowser.

It's just the youtube file loading up, depending on the size of it the playback is faster than the actual clip loading.

Its the same on the PC, not for every file tho.

To get round it press pause just after it starts playing & wait for the red bar to get to the end before unpausing.

Back