Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Not sure what to buy :S

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by m0nsta, May 12, 2007.

1. m0nsta

m0nsta Wii Nub

Hey everyone,

I planning to get a Wii after I finish my exams next month! Well basicially I am wondering what I need to get, I want to be able to play with my brother on games like Wii Sports and Smash Bro's (when it comes out). However I am unsure what controllers I will need to purchase, will I need to get another Wii Remote and Nunchuck or just Remote etc.

Hope you understand what I mean :crazy: ,

Thanks.

2. Celestial

Celestial WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3049-9371-2306-9680
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Get Mario Strikers Charged I'd say... You'll get Wii Sports, which is alright. You'll definitely want Smash Bros. but you'll have to wait a bit for that. You'll also be better of getting another Wii Remote and Nunchuck, they'll be needed for Wii Sports boxing, which is fun, and for Mario Strikers Charged, which you'll be able to play online :)

3. Byuakuya

Byuakuya Bleach & Heroes fan.

Welcome to wiichat and enjoy your stay.
    I would advice that you get an extra wiimote and nunchuk to make it all much easier. Also, if you plan on playing GC games as well, then you will also need GC controllers as well as a GC memory card.

4. Xandermiere

Xandermiere Citizen of Hyrule

You should get Twilight Princess, It will last.

and if you get any extra wiimotes you should get a nunchuck to go with it just so that other people don't annoy you when they wan't to play but you don't have another nunchuck.

Those people suck!

5. m0nsta

m0nsta Wii Nub

Ok, thx guys.

Im definately getting TH, ive been a Zelda fanboy ever since SNES.

As for the Mario game, ill think about it :D

6. tank

tank Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Get Wii play. the game isn't all that great, but it comes with a Wiimote. So at 49.99 you're pretty much buying a Wiimote and getting a game for 10 bucks! then just get the extra nunchuck.

You can pick up used GC games for like 5 bucks, so why not grab some cheap GC controllers while you're at it?! If you have the extra cash the Wavebird is awesome.

7. Sillyhat

Sillyhat The Crusher

If you're the type who likes playing with friends and stuff definantly get Mario Party 8 when it comes out(End of May). Also, yeah you should get Wii Play since it's 49.99 and a Wii Remote is 39.99 anyway, might as well get a game with it. I'm not sure about the Nunchuck, does anyone know if you'll need it for Mario Party 8?

8. Sillyhat

Sillyhat The Crusher

That's what I did when Wii first came out since there was really no other games besides Zelda. That would be a real good investment for only a little cash.

9. FR.

FR. Moderator

Wii Friend Code: 4253-4708-4555-0363
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Get a fun game.

For example, my friend recently bought Rayman Raving Rabbids, and the game is great. Very fun and energetic. It'll keep you on the edge and moving around a lot. Also, I'd suggest getting LOZ:TP, the storyline, setting, and adventure are fantastic.

10. XwiimasturX

XwiimasturX Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid

Rayman was decent, but the novelty wears off quickly. I suggest getting WarioWare. It's superb.

Definately get Twilight Princess. It's my favorite game EVER.

11. Nfanboy

Nfanboy Mario Fanatic

I personly REALLY liked Elebits (or Eledees n UK). AThe storyline and voice/acting was very cheesy, but the controls were great and it was a very fun game. Plus you have the Edit Mode, which is VERY fun when you learn how to place objects.

Other than that I suggest Super Mario Galaxy when it comes out.

And I'm pretty sure that Mario Party 8 only uses the Wiimote since I saw a video off a screen at Best Buy and the people were using just a Wiimote.

12. Sillyhat

Sillyhat The Crusher

It's probably like the Wii Sports Fitness Test where it's not a necessity, and you can play the games that don't use it.

13. m0nsta

m0nsta Wii Nub

I have been looking into getting a Classic Controller, they look easy to use etc. but do they kind of take away the "point" of the Wii?

Thanks

14. Jay61

Jay61 WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4116-4612-5453-3059
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Its only used for one or two games at the moment..its mainy for Virtual Console games. If your planning on getting some, it would be a pretty good idea.