Now thats service

con77

Joined the dark side
Mar 8, 2007
Manchester
Norwegian Cruise Line to offer Wii gaming on their fleet

Norwegian Cruise Line has announced that they are going to become the first cruise line to offer customers a chance to play the Wii gaming console on their ships.

Nintendo Wii has become the crowd favorite ever since it was launched last year. It is amazing that ever after 5 months of launch; it is still hard to locate unsold units in stores.

Nintendo has already said that they are working very hard to make sure that the consoles are available on store shelves on sale.

The NCL said in its statement that the Wii systems are currently on NCL’s newest ship - Norwegian Pearl - and all NCL America ships. They plan to make available these consoles on the rest of the NCL fleet by next month.

They would be offering games including the Wii Sports along with Wii Play™, WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Excite Truck to their customers.

Colin Veitch, NCL’s president and CEO spoke on this announcement: “With its active, engaging and inviting game experiences appealing to every age from kids to parents to grandparents, the Wii from Nintendo is a natural fit for Freestyle Cruising. With the addition of Wii to our on-board activities, we can now offer bowling, boxing, golf, tennis and baseball across the entire fleet. Cheering, yelling and high-fives will be highly encouraged.”

George Harrison, Nintendo of America’s senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications added: “Millions of people around the world continue to discover the fun of playing Wii with their friends and families. Norwegian Cruise Line is a great partner, as they offer us direct access to non-traditional gamers. Our partnership reinforces how Wii’s social phenomenon continues to grow, from the centerpiece of gaming parties, to a workout supplement, to a fun facet of vacation cruises.”

Thats really good service if you ask me

source : http://games.techwhack.com/881/norwegian-cruise-line/

heard about this a few days ago on nintendo's website. didn't want to post it yesterday, though, because of obvious reasons. might go on a cruise to Norway now.....

I can think of better things to do on a cruise costing me several hundreds to thousands of dollars. But I guess it would help to distract all the bratty children on the ship...

Back