Wii In China, and No Price Cut?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Nintendo Worldwide President Satoru Iwata announced that the Wii would be sold in China starting next year. He also reaffirmed an earlier statement made by Nintendo of America's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communication George Harrison that a price cut on the console will not occur in the foreseeable future.

"We're still focusing on how to meet booming demand," Iwata said. "We're absolutely not considering a price cut." Nintendo is currently producing about 1.8 million Wii consoles per month, but Iwata noted the inevitability of a supply crunch during the holiday season.

Nintendo has shipped 13.2 million Wii units worldwide since the console's launch late last year. Retailer estimates pin the amount sold to be over 10 million units.

"We barely have enough [Wii consoles] to meet global demand this year. But next year, we can bring the Wii to China," Iwata continued, also mentioning that Nintendo needs to work with Chinese game developers to create games suitable for that market.

source:
thewiire.com

I thought the Chinese would be happy with the Vii. :nonod: Anyway, I think a price cut would just make the demand for Wiis even greater, which is basically what Iwata thinks too. 13.2 million consoles shipped worldwide, that's amazing.

Price cutting something with a demand that far exceeds supply is stupid. They know that they'll get their $250 per console and people will buy.

Though they do have an annoying habit of this... Wind Waker remained a $50 title for years.

domientius said:
Price cutting something with a demand that far exceeds supply is stupid. They know that they'll get their $250 per console and people will buy.

Though they do have an annoying habit of this... Wind Waker remained a $50 title for years.

Domentious is right the wii should be sould for about 190-200 that would make it so popular that everyone would want it and make it even more affordable (for me and many other people too). And Wind Waker is still $50 brand new and I say that ****ing messed up because the game has been around since 2001 and a game that 6 years old shouldnt cost the price of a wii game.

itstillprintsmoneyos1.gif

Back