Nyko Wireless Nunchuk + WiiMotePlus

bruceleroy

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
Has anyone tried connecting the WiiMotionPlus w/ the Nyko Wireless Nunchuk? Does it work w/ no problems? This would feel way better for games like tennis, Red Steel 2, and Zelda.

Sadly the Nyko wont work with WMP because of the shape. WMP has a wider base and the Nyko is curved to the shape of the Wiimote.

The only way to make it fit would be to cut up the Nyko or WMP. I'm kind of tempted to try dismantling the Nyko (it's the adaptor and only cost $5) but i'm not sure what I could replace the plastic casing with.

I've had my Nyko Kama for a while, and I figured this issue was going to come up. It's not surprising really. I'm kind of wondering whether Nintendo intentionally designed it in such a way that it would not mate with the third party wireless nunchuks (they did sue Nyko over the kama afterall).

There is definitely modification required to get them to mate.

The easiest way I see to do it is to cut off the pegs of the wmp that secure it to the new jacket as well as take off the lip of the Nyko adapter.

The other thing that's kind of annoying is they offset the pass-through port on the end of the wmp, so that the wireless adapters now are not inline with the wiimote.

I'm planning to pop open the Nyko and see what it looks like without the casing. The good thing about the Nyko is it has the hooks built into the plug to keep it attached when it's plugged in. The other adapter I have (for an Icon wireless) doesn't have these. It relies on the pressure fit tabs that go into the slots on the end of the wiimote, which the wmp does not have.

Attachments

• 3adapters.jpg
    3adapters.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,779
  • nykowireless_motionplus.jpg
    nykowireless_motionplus.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
Solution:
Metal_File.gif

This was bad design on Nintendo's part. Even though the wireless nunchucks are third party accessories, they should still be able to fit on the WMP.

Well, maybe they will make a wirless nunchuck for wmp. I would expect that to happen sometime this fall. But, until then, I am going to do some defacing on my wireless nunchuck.

Back