nyko wireless sensor bar

kirkwood973

THE ONE AND ONLY
Dec 1, 2006
new jersey
Wii Online Code
4697-7108-2206-9203
i rencently bought the nyko wireless sensor bar its a good investment only $19.99 and u dont have to worry about that thin wire on your sensor bar crimping and breaking. you can even set a timer on it for an hour or 2 so when the time is up the bar beeps and shuts off in five minutes. its pretty chill.

I've been looking to buy one of these. Now that you told me its worth buying i probably will. Thanks.

Yeah I got one too it's the only way to play the Wii with my projector. The two big problems are that it runs on batteries, which I only need to replace every 1-2 months but it would still be better to have a plug. The second problem is it does not go the 25 ft. that it said on the box. I have to sit in the front row of seats in my basement, which is about 15 ft. away to get a signal. If I sit in the back which is about 20 ft. away, the cursor completely disappears. There's absolutely no light interference or anything either, since the room is a theater it's pitch black even during daytime.

6ix said:
Yeah I got one too it's the only way to play the Wii with my projector. The two big problems are that it runs on batteries, which I only need to replace every 1-2 months but it would still be better to have a plug. The second problem is it does not go the 25 ft. that it said on the box. I have to sit in the front row of seats in my basement, which is about 15 ft. away to get a signal. If I sit in the back which is about 20 ft. away, the cursor completely disappears. There's absolutely no light interference or anything either, since the room is a theater it's pitch black even during daytime.

wow...a theater thats pretty awesome lol. you should try moving it closer somehow........ i would get one of those but i think i would put the money towards MP3.

^^^^Well I could move it closer but then it would be on the ground, right now it's on this one inch ledge created because my screen is kind of "imprinted" into the wall. It's not too big of a problem though because I have 4 seats in my front row of seats and no Wii games are more than 4 players locally except Wario Ware but I don't have it anyway.

I have one too and I am very disappointed with the distance limit. It does not work up to 25ft but only 10ft at most. If you want to play add a distance longer than 10ft from screen, move the sensor bar between you and the screen. The problem is the distance between the IR on the 2 sides of the sensor bar that limit the detection of the 2 signal up to ~10ft. If you want to play any game with onscreen pointing at a longer distance, you need to separate the 2 IR signals farther apart. I ended up making my own wireless sensor boxes that can really go beyond 20ft. And it only costs me $3.

See details on my thread below:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/33224-diy-wireless-sensor-bar-distance-test.html

Back