Obama to lift ban on stem cell research soon

Sort of shooting yourselves in the foot if you're foreign in here.

Saying that British or Canadian or Australian scientists are too stupid to find the cure for diseases with their own embryos?
No, not really. Any scientific advancements are good, no matter what nationality the scientist. And the more scientists are allowed to expand scientific horizons, the more scientific discoveries and innovation in science can happen.

Sort of shooting yourselves in the foot if you're foreign in here.

Saying that British or Canadian or Australian scientists are too stupid to find the cure for diseases with their own embryos?
Not really. It's like Squall said, all advances are good, regardless of which country they come from. With more scientists working on a problem, with access to more resources and money, the problem is more likely to be solved sooner. And of course, America has more scientists, resources and money than just about any country.

I know what you're saying, but the "Hoorah, America's in it, now maybe there'll FINALLY be some progression." Just made me laugh.

Um, joke?

I think it's a good move.

There was never a ban on stem cell research.

The only restriction was that if you wanted money from the government, you were restricted to the existing stem cell lines. If you had private funding, there were no restrictions.
I was about to say that, read that somewhere, this isn't entirely accurate.

The word 'ban' is universally used to describe the scenario because it is simple and because Bush's policy did all but ban the research.

SCIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEENNN
NNNNNCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEE :DDDD

I know what you're saying, but the "Hoorah, America's in it, now maybe there'll FINALLY be some progression." Just made me laugh.

This also made me giggle.

Good call, any sort of movement like this tends to be a step in the right direction.

Back