Off means off?!?

Robmonster

WiiChat Member
May 19, 2007
Wii Online Code
0920-9738-7735-9861
Hi all,

Is there a way to turn the Wii off fully? Even with WiiConnect24 disabled and standby mode off the Wii still gets quite warm when apparently switched off (red LED)

At present I'm pulling the power cable out, but is there any other way to get the device to power itself off fully?

RM

Red LED means it's off... Orange standby (Connect24, yes it's warm)

If it's on red, I don't see any reason to why your Wii is still warm unless you live in a very hot environment.

I don't think you should be pulling the power, if the Wii is anything like a computer (which of couse it is) then you could easily short circuit it maybe even blow the power supply or fuse by pulling the power cord each time (once to many)...

If you have further problems with your Wii staying warm even when the LED is red then you should contact Nintendo customer service regarding this problem.

Just some advice and warning...!

The wii was carefully designed to cope with a lil bit of warmth.
Do not worry.

if your that worried, get a fan (find in accessories thread created by surfinrach)

and unplugging when red shouldn't be that bad either.

no way you can shut off the led though, besides plug.

no, if it's red it shouldn't get warm... i left it over night on red and it wasn't warm in the am... but when on stand by it does get warm... system is still running. if you're paranoid then keep unpluggin' it.

I bought a fan for mine & it's actually amazing the thing makes as much difference as it does... If I play non-stop for hours, then put my hand on the Wii, it always very cool...

My only problem is the model fan I bought is very loud, and stays on in standby mode. So when everything in the living room is turned off, you can hear the fan from the kitchen... I bought a different model on ebay which is supposed to be quieter... I'll see how it does...

Back