Automatically power-on!!!

doomoo

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2008
Hi, When I turn off my wii - either by power switch of cosole or remote - after a while, the console automatically turns on. Power LED is on and blue LED is on and DVD driver is working. I think this problem happens when any DVD is inside the console.
Anybody has same problem?

Thank for prompt reply, Gymnast.
You mean the message can come even after I turn off the machine?
If so, blue light inside of DVD slot is on?
"is tht not wt" => What this means? :)

Last edited:
Wii messages can still come to you you if you have WiiConnect 24 on (is signaled by a yellow standby LED) and glows blue if you have a message. I'm pretty sure the reason isn't because your game CD is still in the console because I'm sure millions of Wii-users alike do the same thing with no problem :)

As for the Wii actually turning on, do you mean it actually boots up or that the light just glows? If it actually boots that's just weird, try unplugging it for a quick fix or calling Nintendo's tech support.

@Gymnast: Is it seriously that hard to type out a fully spelled sentence so people can coherently read your posts with ease?
@ Doomoo, I think he means: "Is that not what"

this is not a problem, if u press eject when the console is off it will power on, spit the disk out and turn off.

if u wack a disc in it will power on and boot, ninty magic :lol:

Dayoh said:
this is not a problem, if u press eject when the console is off it will power on, spit the disk out and turn off.

if u wack a disc in it will power on and boot, ninty magic :lol:
I'm sorry, what does this have to do with the actual thread question? It turns out without attention to the slot.

Thank you everybody.
Actually I saw this happening without TV turning on, so I'm not sure just the console led is on OR totally boot. But at that time, definitely game DVD was spinning. I'll check again.

261311/ So you mean if DVD spins, it should be wrong?

Apple Guy said:
he means
That if you see a blue light but the console isn't on thats normal
Please don't interpret what I say.

If the consoles blue light is on while WiiConnect 24 is on (and your internet is set up/ working on your Wii console) with no other activity, that is normal (pending a message/ update). If your Wii is actually operating aside from that without you actually doing anything then you may want to have to looked at by a professional, ie. Nintendo. There might be some circuitry gone wrong or something inside if you hear it actually doing things, etc.

Turn on the TV next time it happens and see if the console is displaying anything.

First you'll want to take the DVD out and put in a game disc. LOL, J/P...

But your Wii shouldnt be making noise when it receives a message, IE - you shouldn't hear a disc spinning.

Do you ever have messages when you get back on the Wii? Also, when this happens, do you just say oh well? Or what? Also, try turning it off with the disc out, see if it does the same thing.

doomoo said:
Thank for prompt reply, Gymnast.
You mean the message can come even after I turn off the machine?
If so, blue light inside of DVD slot is on?
"is tht not wt" => What this means? :)
yes if your wii is plugged in, but not ”on“ you can recieve messages.

Good god you guys sure know how to make a total clusterf%$k out of one question.
Simple answer:
Wii power button has three colors- Red, Orange, Green.
If your light is RED and you have blue disc-slot light and/or spinning disc, then you have a problem with your Wii. Get it repaired. Period.

If your light is ORANGE, then you're connected to the 'net and have a new message. Your game disc should not be "spinning". Period.

If your light is GREEN, then your Wii is on and could be doing anything at all.

By the way people, the word is spelled 'YOU', not 'U', learn to spell and type full sentences because that annoying **** is ruining the internet for people who actually speak and write English, and have read a book or two. It just SCREAMS "unintelligent" wen U spel ur werds lik dis!!

Back