Official Baseball Talk

FWELR said:
as much as it pains me, that's pretty much my outlook as well. if we can get enough supportive hitting and benitez can try to be a closer, we could win 90 wins, but for some reason i see another 75 win season upon us. time to clear the way for the young guns like linden and frandsen on offense. starting pitching could be a better triple threat than the one the A's had (Zito, Cain, Linecum)
So who is this Linecum kid? Is he going straight to the rotation or is he going to grow in the farm system for awhile?

Linecum's starting the year in Fresno (AAA). He was going to be the 5th man, but Ortiz hit the way back button and found his way onto the rotation. He was drafted 10 overall last year and we put him in A for the last month of the year and he pitched something like 0.79 ERA and went I think 5-1, might have been 5-2, but the point he is was tearing up the league. He's kinda short for a power pitcher 5'10", but he can top 100, plus he's got a nice change, slider, and curve.

maddmaxx46 said:
It would be nice to see somebody other than the Yankees or Red Sox make the playoffs. If the Red Sox and Blue Jays make it, I will be happy. Just as long as the Yankees don't make it :mad2: .

Yankees WILL make it and WIN IT!!!!

hey Wiitime, who do you think will replace steinbrener now?

Wiitime said:
Yankees WILL make it and WIN IT!!!!

You maybe able to buy your way in but cant win it. IMO their just there for the money they dont REALLY REALLY want to win it like some other players do.

FWELR said:
hey Wiitime, who do you think will replace steinbrener now?

his son in law.. i think steinbrener said he wont change anything b/c of the divorce

ilikecookies said:
You maybe able to buy your way in but cant win it. IMO their just there for the money they dont REALLY REALLY want to win it like some other players do.

they do want to win it. You cant say that Jeter, Rivera, A-rod, Posada,Pettite dont want to win it. They REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to win it.. they are trying to get a stronger farm which they have done. they traded Johnson, Sheffield, Wright and got some solid minor league players for them

Wiitime said:
they do want to win it. You cant say that Jeter, Rivera, A-rod, Posada,Pettite dont want to win it. They REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to win it.. they are trying to get a stronger farm which they have done. they traded Johnson, Sheffield, Wright and got some solid minor league players for them

Didnt they already say there not signed A-rod... I mean that would affeck my playing. and Rivera, Pettite and Posada I guess there the onlys I think want to win.

ilikecookies said:
Didnt they already say there not signed A-rod... I mean that would affeck my playing. and Rivera, Pettite and Posada I guess there the onlys I think want to win.

yes they said they will talk After the season, just like what they told Rivera. and Jeter wants to win, You cant forget him. All the players want to win. Thats there goal. They will achieve that goal this year. Rivera was told they will talk after the season. It didnt affect him during spring training. He was perfect. A-rod isnt worrying about his contract. He is working on this season. A-rod wants a World Series and this year he will get it with the Yankees. Thats A-rods goal. Thats the Yankees goal.

Wiitime said:
yes they said they will talk After the season, just like what they told Rivera. and Jeter wants to win, You cant forget him. All the players want to win. Thats there goal. They will achieve that goal this year. Rivera was told they will talk after the season. It didnt affect him during spring training. He was perfect. A-rod isnt worrying about his contract. He is working on this season. A-rod wants a World Series and this year he will get it with the Yankees. Thats A-rods goal. Thats the Yankees goal.

no kidding the yankees want it look at all the money their spending. I mean I like to watch sports but come on you cant tell me their not overpaid.

A-Rod's coming to the Giants next year when Bonds retires:wink:.

FWELR said:
Linecum's starting the year in Fresno (AAA). He was going to be the 5th man, but Ortiz hit the way back button and found his way onto the rotation. He was drafted 10 overall last year and we put him in A for the last month of the year and he pitched something like 0.79 ERA and went I think 5-1, might have been 5-2, but the point he is was tearing up the league. He's kinda short for a power pitcher 5'10", but he can top 100, plus he's got a nice change, slider, and curve.
He sounds pretty impressive. I don't know about Matt Cain though. He better bring his A game this year.

ilikecookies said:
no kidding the yankees want it look at all the money their spending. I mean I like to watch sports but come on you cant tell me their not overpaid.

no, they want to turn there focus on the season instead of contracts. Are they overpaid, some of them. Not all. Jeter isnt, Posada isnt. A-rod i would say Yes. Hes probably the only one.

Back