Official E3 07 Discussion Thread

Vagrant, what did you like about it?

Mario Kart, the Metroid Prime 3 demonstration, the RE:UC and Ghost Squad clips, the whole WiiFit thing I think is pretty cool. Mario Galaxy and SSBB release dates, etc.

FWELR said:
come on. ya, it had a nice physics engine and terrific graphics.

problem? 1 freakin' gun, no vehicles user-controlled shown, no actual demo for anyone to play.

remember, killzone 1 was supposed to trump halo as well. gameplay was horrible. until an actual demo is played and reviewed by a good source, im not sold.

Dude come on it was a pre pre alpha staged game. Its not even finished and how do you know there is only one gun and no vehicles there is never only one gun. It will probably move consoles no doubt. I heard there was a level you could play at e3. Plus it was the real gameplay.

Thechickenman27 said:
Dude come on it was a pre pre alpha staged game. Its not even finished and how do you know there is only one gun and no vehicles there is never only one gun. It will probably move consoles no doubt. I heard there was a level you could play at e3. Plus it was the real gameplay.
yes i know it was the real gameplay, everybody was clear on that. my question to you is have you ever heard of killzone 1? same thing exactly at this point: awesome engine and graphics. game comes and the gameplay is horrific. also, the dude went through a good portion of the level, how come he never changed weapons? havent heard anything about anything playable yet, but until i do, im taking everything about this game with a grain of salt.

but i would love to be proven wrong.

FWELR said:
yes i know it was the real gameplay, everybody was clear on that. my question to you is have you ever heard of killzone 1? same thing exactly at this point: awesome engine and graphics. game comes and the gameplay is horrific. also, the dude went through a good portion of the level, how come he never changed weapons? havent heard anything about anything playable yet, but until i do, im taking everything about this game with a grain of salt.

but i would love to be proven wrong.

There has to be more than one weapon. I think anyone who makes a fps knows to put in more than one gun. Plus im not sure if there was a playable demo but i heard on a website that you could have played one level of the game. Ive heard of killzone 1 and maybe the studio that made kz2 ave learned from there mistakes. Also everyone had their doubts about resistance but it turned out to be the best game on ps3 so far.

paintba||er said:

They didn't say that CoD4 or Assassins Creed were exclusive. Haze and Unreal Tournament are probably just going to be timed exclusives though. And the 80GB comes with MotorStorm, so you are really only paying $40 for the HDD upgrade. It still isn't a great deal though. Sony's press conference was the best one IMO. Microsofts sucked and they didn't show much that we didn't already know, and Nintendo's was ok, but nothing special. Most of it was just focused on WiiFit which is just stupid IMO. Sony has far from failed....
i agree...for the microsoft one, i havent watched any of the others yet.
microsofts was just a review of what we already knew was coming out, no real big announcements. i was just hoping for a too human release date...and i didnt get one..pisses me off.
one thing i am happy about though is: advance wars 2 announced. coming q4 in Europe, hope itll make it to the USA too!
one other thing..did they give any battalion wars 2 info?? i thought that game was suppose to be out by now, and its not.

Last edited:
Tails McCloud~ said:
Lets get back on topic...
Whats on for today?

Dunno whats going on now... all the confrences are done. :/

Thursday on stage.
This is in US Pacific time I think?

Gamespot:
10am Day Two: Go!
Medal of Honor: Airborne and a visit from Konami.
Watch it live!
11am Make Way for Midway
Blacksite: Area 51, Unreal Tournament 3, and Stranglehold!
12pm Play Ball!
NBA Live 08, NHL 2K8, and Tony Hawk's Proving Ground.
1pm A Ninty Shindig
Nintendo takes center stage!
2pm Ninjas, Rabbids, and Guns
Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, Raving Rabbids 2, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
3pm Sony Wages War
Sony shows off Heavenly Sword, God of War PSP, and Warhawk!
4pm A Sony Shoot-Out
Sony stays on for Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, and SOCOM!
5pm Crank up the Volume
SingStar returns to GameSpot! Plus, Pursuit Force 2 and World in Conflict.
6pm Shopping with Sony
LittleBigPlanet, PAIN, and Nucleus. Plus, Madden NFL 08!
7pm Day Two Wrap-Up
More with Madden, TimeShift, and closing thoughts.

Last edited:
Back