Official Graphics Comments & Criticism

Byuakuya said:
It is a little dark, but it is pretty cool overall. A few pointers:

- The text is a little hard to read. Maybe a brighter colour will make it stand out a little.
- Try adding some sort of a light source and see if that makes any difference.
- The addition of some C4Ds will also make it stand out more.

That's all I can think of. Nicely done. :)

No Pras. Imo the sig doesn't need anything more.

Gikoku, for how long have you been working with PS? You show potential with that sig.

I mean, the bg is very good for a newbie (?). The composition, the contrast, the effects, text and lighting match very well. It only needs work on colors, but still very good stuff.

My stuff:

EYEABSTRACT.png

CarmenElectra-1.png

AmongLines-1.png

Contestbegin23-1.png

Spaceman.png

74d1a4c209.png

For SOTW #20. C&C Just so you you know I did this throughout a freak-out. I get one like every 6 moths. I welcome anything 'bout my Sprite tag too.

demonflair- Not bad, yet it's a tad on the plain side.
Monsteroids- Very nice :) I suggest changing the font though, perhaps to something more blocky-looking and darker (black font). Same with your Sprite Tag. The red brushes you used are a big overpowering, and you can barely see the character in the middle.

Here's a couple simple ones of mine. Some of my other blends are too big.
blendfreedom2od8.gif

jolintsaiju9.gif

RAW blend, so no brushes/textures added. Bad quality, I know, but that blend was made last year. I haven't photoshopped in quite a while.

Last edited:
auxidize said:
demonflair- Not bad, yet it's a tad on the plain side.
Monsteroids- Very nice :) I suggest changing the font though, perhaps to something more blocky-looking and darker (black font). Same with your Sprite Tag. The red brushes you used are a big overpowering, and you can barely see the character in the middle.

Here's a couple simple ones of mine. Some of my other blends are too big.
blendfreedom2od8.gif

jolintsaiju9.gif

RAW blend, so no brushes/textures added. Bad quality, I know, but that blend was made last year. I haven't photoshopped in quite a while.

Plain in which sig? The second has negative space, it's not plain, but that lines sig is plain.

iRAWR, I used one C4D, the blue one on the right side, the rest is by me.

Gikoku said:
My new sig:

AngelOfDarkness.png

Experimented with some advanced techniques involving the smudge & burn tools for this one.. I could have done much better if I had better brushes though. I usually don't do really dark pieces (color-wise)..

Ah well, is there anything you guys think should be improved on?
The let side of that sig is great. I really like that bg + blurred text over it. Lighten up the right side of the sig and make more of a contrast.
Demonflair said:
Very nice, Ricky.

ssbb_lover said:
The let side of that sig is great. I really like that bg + blurred text over it. Lighten up the right side of the sig and make more of a contrast.

Very nice, Ricky.

Like I said, don't add no more lighting to this sig, because that will only destroy the contrast that matches very well in here.

SOTW:

BlueLifeV2-1.png

EDIT*

Thanks mate. :)
You can wear it if you want.

demonflair said:
Gikoku, for how long have you been working with PS? You show potential with that sig.

I mean, the bg is very good for a newbie (?). The composition, the contrast, the effects, text and lighting match very well. It only needs work on colors, but still very good stuff.

Nah, I'm not a newbie. I've been doing Photoshop work for over 2 years now (if you count the occasionally long breaks between sig work). That sig isn't my best, as i said i was limited to only a small handful of brushes at the time, and didn't feel much like using any Filters.

Here's a handful of my old work that I've done while at other forums:

Jammin.png

Saren.png

Sora.png

SSJ-Vegeta.gif

Storm.png

Vegeta.png

Dragon.jpg

theunholydragon228sw.png

Magna-Carta-Best-Motion453.gif

MAGNAIICARTAcopy.jpg

Due to me not Photoshoping for a while. I suck quite a bit now. Does anyone know of any cool tutorials for beginners?

Made these with a lot of C4D's and Gradient Maps. C&C Would Be Lovely

C4DSigIJPEG.jpg

C4DSigIIJPEG.jpg

C4DSigIIIJPEG.jpg

C4DSigIVJPEG.jpg

C4DSigVJPEG.jpg

Edit:

Just made this :)

FayeIJPEG.jpg

FayeIIJPEG.jpg

FayeIIIJPEG-1.jpg

Last edited: