Official 'I got a Wii' thread

MrKlown

Weird Guy
Oct 9, 2006
Martha, KY
After waiting from Tuesday, 10pm to Wednesday, 8am I finally got my wii. I was the 16th person in line, with the first people arriving a whole day earlier. Wal-mart had 31 Wiis in stock yet 50 some showed up in line so the people that waited in line past the 31st person was quite mad. I was surprised that there were more old people than young people waiting in line, ready to buy their kids a Nintendo Wii. All in all it was a great experience because I met quite a few good people.

As far as Wii gaming goes, it's not the best gaming system ever but it's definitely fun and different. My dad, a 69-year-old man decided he would give Wii bowling a shot, a guy who had never played a system in his life, and beat me by 100 points lol. I find it quite amazing how easily it is for people who have never played a console ever to just pick up and play and rule on it. The only game I purchased for it was Zelda, and though it is a great game, I am finding the controls still slightly hard to use. By the way all, some people were asking if you could get online with dialup and you indeed can. All you have to do is hook up a usb port into an ethernet adapter on your computer, turn on your internet and bam, instant connection and though it would seem the connection would be bad, it's not.

Ya my buddy was freakin out cause hes been missing out on his chances to get a Wii from older parents buyin em and hiding them in the closet until christmas time. If they dont need one till christmas they should wait, not buy em and stash em and tease all the other kids who wanna play right away.

I got one today too, Waited in line for 14 hours for it. :D

Jeez, i preordered my Wii at my local gametraders and i just rocked up and got my Wii! Anyway, how do i configure my Internet Wii settings without doing the update?

You can click the Wii options on the channel screen then wii settings the scroll to the right and click the internet tab then connection settings, thats how i did it.

finally got my wii!!!

well yesturday i was 60th in line and they had 45, today i was 21 in line and the had 54 at the game stop, was there last big shipment for a little while, to bad the wife dont want me to open it till christmas, sux im just sitting here staring at the box wanting to rip it open, but hey at least i know that i have on now!!! :O

MetroidZ said:
Off to get mine, its almost midnight; no pre-order. wish me luck.

Best of luck, also let us know how it went.

I like your sig btw. =)

Ive got my wii :D (uk)

Well i went to the Gamestation midnight launch and here she is with the bits :D

wii play and wii motes and couple of other games have bin delayed :( but ive also paid for wii play and should have it saturday

Back