Official 'I got a Wii' thread

I felt I should update about the controls on Zelda. At first I thought the controls were horrible but now it seems second nature so I too am a Wii-believer.

new gamer

i got my wii from myer yesterday. had to queue but it's worth it!!

i don't really play console games but this made me change my mind. it's awesome!!! :)

console package is in transit - so anytime soon :D

Still waiting for the games to ship out :( (hopefully tomorrow)

Got my Wii fellow Brits!!

Woooo!! Got it this morning in the post along with a copy of Wii Play. The downside is, I'm not allowed to play with it until Christmas :( but the upside, I was allowed to open the box just to check if everything was there after DHL savaged the packaging then taped it up again. :D

I can confirm that the UK version does come with an actual Wii Sports DVD case, and also a SCART adapter for the composite cables. Everything else looks the same as the US version.

And finally, OMG HOW SMALL IS THE WII REMOTE!!!! :eek:

Awesome! Mine just arrived :D

Time to go play some Wii, see you guys in 8-10 weeks.

I got mine!

Or should I say, my girlfriend has mine as I'm working out of town atm. I've had to beg her not to start playing with it till I get home!

Got mine today from Local Supermarket with Zelda.

With only 3,5 Hours of waiting in front of shop I was first in the line. They had only 7 Wiis to sell (well this is Finland so what do you expect) and at 8am there where about 20 plus people on line. Got loads of congratulations and some jelous looks but after testing all I must say I'm dahmed happy for my first console launch camping.

I had a call from Gamestation last week I am number 30 but they only had 21 delivered ( they had them in store tuesday ) so mine will be in their second batch to be delivered next week.

@Bobster - Thanks mate I seen the wii sports dvdcase on ebay and was going to purchase one, Don't think i'll bother now.

Last edited:
Got my Wii

Got to town at about 7.20 and the GAME opened about 7.55 - I was 9th in the queue - easy in and out

... I played Wii Sports for about an hour and it's amazing, so much fun... had a little play on Wii play and it's cool but was sorta rushing through stuff - I've got Zelda and I'm gonna finish this brew then give it a go - thumbs up for the Wii though I love it! :D :D

I don't want to give you false hopes but ASDA were selling wii's on 1st come
1st seved. I think TESCO had some too.

I got mine at 7:30 this morning aswell [Game opened at 6am in Wolverhampton and had 50 people queueing at 3am apparantly] but i got mine with wii sports and zelda easily with no trouble.

I just had a go on wii sports, and jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze it's fun =D
I love Wii bowling, boxing and baseball but as of yet can't get the hang of tennis or golf, but i'm sure the timing will come soon enough.

Off to play Zelda, have fun guys.

Back