Official Photo Album

LevesqueIsKing said:
You should have, man!

You could have joined me on bench, too!

I saw a good article the other day about machine v. free (which I don't have to be convinced about), but it even suggested some dangerous side effects.

You know, restricting/forcing range of motion, isolating muscles without using stabilizers, etc.

[Oh wait!! Edit to stay OT!!]

This is a Michael Goddard we own - very cool artist, thematically does a ton of stuff like this (it's in the bar):

b9b81245.jpg

We met him at a showing - he did a pencil doodle for me "DT's Place" with me and the wifey as olives :D

Last edited:
Dangerous side effects of FREE?

I'll always support free over machines, as well as compound over isolation. I hate nothing more than the kid that goes into the gym and does isolation work all day for hours.

LevesqueIsKing said:
Dangerous side effects of FREE?

I'll always support free over machines, as well as compound over isolation. I hate nothing more than the kid that goes into the gym and does isolation work all day for hours.

Oh sorry, maybe my wording was ass-backwards, it was about the issues with MACHINES. :yesnod:

Yes! Down with machines and their personal trainers! :D

You just made my day.

Thanks.

People need to realize that isolation exercises can't be applied to the real world. Stabilizer muscles are becoming more and more deprived by personal trainers and their 'more modern,' 'safer' machines, which [in actuality] attempt to re-apply the motions of a common compound lift, but usually end up doing a poor job of it. Its only safer because its less efficient, is my reasoning.

[DT] said:
I saw a good article the other day about machine v. free (which I don't have to be convinced about), but it even suggested some dangerous side effects.

You know, restricting/forcing range of motion, isolating muscles without using stabilizers, etc.

[Oh wait!! Edit to stay OT!!]

This is a Michael Goddard we own - very cool artist, thematically does a ton of stuff like this (it's in the bar):

b9b81245.jpg

We met him at a showing - he did a pencil doodle for me "DT's Place" with me and the wifey as olives :D

Man that is one very cool piece of art. Fancy selling it? I like kinda abstracty stuff like that, and its black background just works so well.... jealous.

Deanis said:
Man that is one very cool piece of art. Fancy selling it? I like kinda abstracty stuff like that, and its black background just works so well.... jealous.

Thanks.

He does really cool stuff all with a drinking/bar motif - he had this one piece, with these grapes, one looking in a mirror, one kind of chunky - Seven Deadly Zins, hahaha! Big tall goth looking dude.

We have that mounted in this room that like super red (the color is actually called Flaming Sword). Works perfect! We also picked up a set of his hand painted coasters.

Nice gallery right in downtown (the "old city") St. Augustine.

Damn thats a good find there! Shame I live in Australia, havent seen stuff like that locally.

LMAO Seven Deadly Zins classic.

[DT] said:

oh man i love this guys work...he has a gallery not to far from me and i stop there atleast once a week just to check it out....one day a few of his pieces will be hanging in my home office (i hope)..lol

Found some more from the other night.

Getting my grove on at some club - I had a few.
n505283436_354322_3560.jpg

I think this was just after I balroom danced with a 70 year old Italian man in the middle of the same club, shammme.
n505283436_354325_4739.jpg

We saw the mirror and had to do a traditional myspace mirror pose. I think this was at the Hells Angels bar we went to.
n505283436_354333_7724.jpg

Back