Official: USA To European Gamers Advice Forum

Scott_F

ADD SCOTTY 2209 ON MOH:H2
Jan 5, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK
Wii Online Code
5911-5347-4929-3358
Basically in this forum, us European Gamers have the oppurtunity to ask the US Gamers about games that are already out in the states but are not out in Europe. The USA Gamers can say what is good and bad about the game, give there opinion on it and say whether or not we should buy it, rent it our steer well clear off it.

I'll start it off, could you guys please tell me what you think off Medal of Honour: Heroes 2. Would please specify on every aspect of the game from the online to the arcade mode etc. thanks very much.

Also if any european Gamers have an questions feel free to post them in this thread and hopefully some US gamer will have the answer.

Good idea. Id like to know about Ghost Squad, is there a multiplayer? And is the scoreboards the only online function? The should have downloadable content for games like this.

Okay Scott I'll help you out with Heroes.

Single Player campaign- Good I have enjoyed what i have played. Varied objectives, decents AI and maps are good. Good sound affects. Firefights can get intense at times. Good motion control...I have to say it again good motion control. Artillery strings pulling was a good idea. Bazooka motion controls were a good idea also. Overall the campaign could have justified an 7-8 game just by its self. The only problem is we have been here before. Probably about 20,000 differents times with missions that are slightly different then the 20 million predecessors.

Arcade: Um decent. From what i have played it is entertaining. But honestly, you are going to be playing online so much there is no real point. It's a solid mode though, just not likely to be played.

Options: Yes my deadbox is the size of a quarter. These beats or rivals computer gaming (i play many a FPS, and these consoles controls are so precise) i would rather game with IR over mouse now anyday that is of course if it is done right. So many options they have, it might surprise you but EA would have potiental to be making awesome games.

Online: Fun, intense, insane, and OMG. Online firefights are the only reason I truly bought this game. It lived up to its expectations. Bullets whizzing everywhere, grenades exploding at everyturn, unseen sniper shooting your teammates that are standing right next to you. No lag, 16 vs 16 and no lag its pretty amazing and shows FPS can be done right on Wii. Its a great expierence and the control make for intensely challenging opponents because of how fast you can turn around and engage an enemy. 6 maps, we want more but hey whatever, at least every map is fun in its own right. If every other mode on this game sucked (which they don't) this would save it

Things i didn't like: Character animations and Death animations are quite laughable, they look plain stupid. They sacrifice looks for gameplay online so really once the lead is flying around, you won't care how that guy you just shot in the head dies, just that thats one more person that isn't going to shoot at you.

Overall: Buy it to expierence the best FPS the Wii has to offer.

jjrules here my take on Bwii

Campaign- Great, took me about 10-11ish hours to complete.Cheesy voice acting (not my style but whatever). Good missions i felt like it had a nice variety. Controls are for the most part pretty solid the jumping with the nunchuk flick is a tad slow, and when your getting fired at. Most vehicles control quite well after you get used to them. IR function i thought would make shooting with out locking on easy. It is very far from it, its slow and i am glad they have lock-on. Plenty of armies keeps it interesting

Online: Great Co-op is good fun. Skirmish and Assualt can get very intense especially if you can find someone that is actually good (sometimes thats a challenge).Connection between players is great, i have only had one match that had lag. Assualt you complete objectices to win and in skirmish, its whoever kills the most units or the units worth the most points (Bombers are worth more points than a grunt, ect). It's one of those games where it could have been great, but once again the lack of voicechat makes it lose points (not kuji entertainments fault, it's just Nintendo being gay). Strategic fighting can get quite intense because even though its a light on strategy.

Overall: If you liked the first Battalion wars, you will enjoy this one a lot. If you've been interested in this game before and never played, jump in you might like it. But if you don't like battles getting into the nitty gritty (use your artillery to soft up the enemy for a while before going Rambo) might not be for you.

If any one has questions or comments about the games, feel free to PM I'd be glad to answer.

Back