Old "Cannon Room" Glitch

unluckylink13

Member XIII
Nov 16, 2006
My man-cave
Wii Online Code
0554-8372-1002-5500
Hey there :)
I was just wondering if the glitch on Twilight Princess that keeps you from progressing has been fixed or anything.

Of course, I'm talking about the glitch that occurs if you save in the cannon room.

I haven't heard much about it lately. I know that it was fixed on the GCN version of the game, but I didn't know if Nintendo could somehow patch it using the Wii's online feature.

This isn't new, but this is the only sign I've seen of it being fixed:
http://www.aeropause.com/archives/2007/04/nintendo_replac.php

Fixing the error on the disc itself is more beneficial as not everyone has their system online and can run patches.

BTW, this is the last reply in that link-

"Alternate option the lady at Nintendo asked me for the version stamp on the back inner circle of the disc. In fine print mine says RVL-RZDE-0A-0 That last zero indicates it's the original release. The correct bugged fixed version is RVL-RZDE-0A-2. So i'm gonna hit up blockbuster and check out their game discs to see if they have one that is -2. I asked her if a later save file (after getting outta this loop) would cause a problem if once i was out i went back to my original disc. She didn't believe that would be an issue."

Checked my disc, it's RVL-RZDE-0A-2.

There are 2 glitches in the first release Wii copies-

Bridge of Eldin- if you save and quit right after the bridge is taken away, before heading onward, you will reload in the field near Kakariko with no bridge and will be stuck. The game handles saves by putting you into an area wherever you entered. I believe this was fixed.

Cannon room- supposedly, saving and quitting when you first enter the cannon room causes Shad to disappear from the room, but the game still believes he's there so you can't walk through the door or warp.

Nintendo caught the errors in time for the GC release, but the push for a Wii launch title left a lot of copies out there with the bugs.

Yeah, my version probably still has the glitches (though I've never tried), because I got it on release.

I don't think it would ever effect me, since I know of the glitches & can avoid them. I was just curious :p

Possibly Fixed.

I checked my disc and its a first edition. I am running through this game at the moment and tried the cannon room glitch. It didn't work I tried it a few times and still nothing. I have all the latest online wii updates, so maybe they fixed it?

Back