Omg L.e.d.

I am not 100% positive but I think to use the shopping feature you have to have an account on mynintendo and then have it linked to your device. I can't remember if I was able to access the shopping before I did that.

Don't worry though, you ain't missing much, they only have about 10 games to download and you can buy points....that's it.

Hailyurii said:
Ok is it just me or is the led light only come on for like one millisecond when the thing is turned on cause it never lights up after that is that how it works?

Mine does the same thing. There's a system setting 'slot illumination' (under WiiConnect24) but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect.

Anyone else's stay on?

w00t

jocamero said:
Mine does the same thing. There's a system setting 'slot illumination' (under WiiConnect24) but it doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect.

Anyone else's stay on?

hey everyone, i figured out the damn LED just and i mean JUST now...it lights up all nice and stuff if someone sends u a message. it glows a nice blue, and then lights brighter, then dims, then brightens, etc. its pretty cool. i used my e-mail to send a message to my Wii and it workd like a charm. if it doesnt work, then u have to leave you remote alone and wait a few seconds for it. so far, this is how im able to do it. hope this helps everyone.

pspdshybrid said:
hey everyone, i figured out the damn LED just and i mean JUST now...it lights up all nice and stuff if someone sends u a message. it glows a nice blue, and then lights brighter, then dims, then brightens, etc. its pretty cool. i used my e-mail to send a message to my Wii and it workd like a charm. if it doesnt work, then u have to leave you remote alone and wait a few seconds for it. so far, this is how im able to do it. hope this helps everyone.

Thx for the info. (how did you email your Wii a msg?)

jocamero said:
Thx for the info. (how did you email your Wii a msg?)

the Wii is capable to e-mail ppl and stuff thru the Wii messages. its quite amazing. u just add a e-mail address to the Wii's address book, then the e-mail is sent to that account (eg. [email protected]) and then they just have to reply to the Wii message and boom, ther connected to eachother and able to send messages to eachother, u can also message other Wiis (im doing so right now)

There is a good chance that either an update will allow us to set the led to on, or a hack will come out that will give us the same option.

my blue LED comes on after a while when it is on standby and it stays on until I start the wii.

It actually pulsates a bit.

this feature only works when you receive an message, not when you play a game. It's in the manual page 4 under game slot.

I am having the exact same deal with my LED. I was really looking forward to it lighting up all nice and glowing etc. But I thought I had a defective one as well, because of the lightning fast flash, and thats IT.
It seems there should be a setting for keeping it on, if you want to have it on, which I DO...but no luck?!? All the pictures in the manual and everything show it sitting there with the blue light on. What the hell, Nintendo? Jipping us on the pretty lights?!? Come on!! :)
Any real solutions yet?

When i came home from school my Wiis Blue LED was glowing and it kept blinking and glowing untill i turned my wii on i think it was updating something for me but i dont know what maybe zelda? :)

p1020048cv7.jpg

ii see the liight

Yes, but clearly your 'orange' light is on, meaning your Wii is not actually on, but on STANDBY, and you're receiving a message or an update, as already covered here.
Nice try though.

pspdshybrid said:
the Wii is capable to e-mail ppl and stuff thru the Wii messages. its quite amazing. u just add a e-mail address to the Wii's address book, then the e-mail is sent to that account (eg. [email protected]) and then they just have to reply to the Wii message and boom, ther connected to eachother and able to send messages to eachother, u can also message other Wiis (im doing so right now)
address book? :confused:

pspdshybrid said:
Ok, I've tried this, but even though I get the email, the slot won't light up!:mad5: Is there anything else that I can do?

Back