Online component?

boomhauer

WiiChat Member
Nov 7, 2006
Does anyone know how the online component will be? Is Nintendo going to blow us away with a new online community we never knew existed? If you have any info and link, please post.

thanks

-PEACE

This is my biggest concern for the Wii. It seems they aren't caring much about online gameplay at launch... let's just hope that atitude doesn't continue on.

It will work exactly the same as the Nintendo DS does with WiFi. You connect to the Nintendo servers, much in the same as when you connect to a website with a browser.

ABC said:
This is my biggest concern for the Wii. It seems they aren't caring much about online gameplay at launch... let's just hope that atitude doesn't continue on.

Well yeah. The reason they arent doing anything at launch is to make sure that it all works properly. No gaming company in their right minds would ignore online gaming as it has been such as massive hit for the 360 and on the DS.

my hope is that they do eventually end up with the online gaming of PC and xbox...my concern is them changing too much and becoming like microsoft squeezing money out of everything...

Rift said:
my hope is that they do eventually end up with the online gaming of PC and xbox...my concern is them changing too much and becoming like microsoft squeezing money out of everything...

Sony and Nintendo both do free online gameplay. I don't think that'll change any time soon. MAYBE Sony will charge for online play, but Nintendo definately won't.

Sony does charge for online stuff with there MMORPG's. But ya it costs an assload for these companys to run there servers to host the online games. You can't really blame microsoft, they have enough money in vista at the moment to be providing free online hosting.

Back