Online gaming???

tunatamer

WiiChat Member
Jan 14, 2011
I have my Wii hooked up to the internet How do I play games head to head online with my nephew in Seattle? Is there something I have to purchase??

Just go online in the game (it has to say in the game's menu "connect to Nintendo wi-fi connection") then when you are connected, you gotta look for your friend code, it's a compilation of 3 sets of 4 digit number, be sure to write them down, then give that code to your nephew, and make sure he does the same in his game and gives you his code, then as soon as you have his code, add it in the "add friends" tab or button for the game you are playing (again connecting to the wi-fi in-game) then as soon as he has added you as well, you can now play with him! Now, may I ask what game this is that you are playing with your nephew?

Thanks for all the good information, I only have wii sports, Mario and sonic Olympic winter games,Super Mario Bros. Wii, Game Party 2, and WWII Aces. I guess none of these games are compatible with online play. Any suggestions for a good beginner game with head to head play??

Mario Kart Wii is a lot of fun, but you want head to head and two player races can get boring, what are your and your nephew gaming tastes?

The games that support Wi-Fi play have a little blue or red icon in the top left corner of the front of the box.

Blue Icon, if it supports online play
And the Red icon means online play, plus you can buy more content for the game.

Last edited:
Red icon also means that you have to pay to play online...Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games IS in fact online, you can play that with your nephew if he/she has the same game.

I recommend Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Smash-Up, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Castlevania Judgment, Battalion Wars 2. Yeah, I am a bit of a fighter when it comes to games(they're fighting games)

Well for shooters you can play Black ops
Animal Crossing City Folk is a addicting and fun game, also try worms battle island another great game

you should consider getting super smash bros brawl, mario kart wii, mario sports mix, and Monster Hunter 3 Tri

once you get the feel of the online gaming with your nephew then thats when you upgrade to like call of duty black ops online and hell even that crappy GoldenEye

also keep in mind that Conduit 2 will be coming out soon and thats online as well

What wii games do yo have to pay to play online? I thought all of the wii games that have online was free.

Are there any "active" games i could play online with others. Active as in games that you have to get out of your chair to physically play.
Thanks, Dawn

Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort are all I can think of, really... But they don't have online multiplayer.

Ain't really that many online games that're actively engaging, far as I know.

Back