online music player for wii

vagrant said:
Yes, let the whole thing buffer.

I did that and its still very choppy. It doesn't run smooth at all. Is there a way to make it run at least a little smooth where I can match the sound with the movement of the people's mouths? Anyone to change the settings to make it better? Or is there a better program for this?

from what I gathered googling, the video streaming with Orb to the Wii only is very slugish. Apparently it works fine with everything else.

My humble opinion:

I have tried several 'Wii Media Players', including Orb.
My favorite is miimusic because:
1) I don't need/want video via my wii, it's never full screen, quality is poor. .
2) Miimusic streams via my internal network, so no webservers running on your PC. Orb and others stream via the internet, I still don't trust these applications, before you know you are hacked..
3) Usage is easy, no worries about your internal IP, other (internal streaming) applications require you to browse to an intenal IP (which keeps on changing...)
4) I like the miimusic style...

timmie

tim8888 said:
My humble opinion:

I have tried several 'Wii Media Players', including Orb.
My favorite is miimusic because:
1) I don't need/want video via my wii, it's never full screen, quality is poor. .
2) Miimusic streams via my internal network, so no webservers running on your PC. Orb and others stream via the internet, I still don't trust these applications, before you know you are hacked..
3) Usage is easy, no worries about your internal IP, other (internal streaming) applications require you to browse to an intenal IP (which keeps on changing...)
4) I like the miimusic style...

timmie

I'm pretty sure if you are on a LAN and port foward you bypass having to use ORB as a webserver.

Sure, everything is possible, if you have the knowledge and time to setup yout network properly. I just don't want to spent the time one such issues, my experience is that it is never a one time only effort, with every change you have to do it again and again, each time figuring out the tricks again. I like stuff to work immediately without any specific setup. That's want Miimusic does and thats one of the reasons I like it.

tim8888 said:
Sure, everything is possible, if you have the knowledge and time to setup yout network properly. I just don't want to spent the time one such issues, my experience is that it is never a one time only effort, with every change you have to do it again and again, each time figuring out the tricks again. I like stuff to work immediately without any specific setup. That's want Miimusic does and thats one of the reasons I like it.

That makes no sense :(

And port forwarding takes like 30 seconds tops. And if your router uses uPnP like most do now then you don't even have to do that. Orb only use the webserver if the computer isn't on a LAN with the device. Your Wii should be.

And I have both orb and miimusic installed, and Orb was actually a lot quicker to setup.

Last edited:
Wauw Miimusic actually works with me :D:D

Anyone got an idea on how to get that annoying wiibrowser option bar to shut up :p That gray bar beneath the webbrowser.

cyberzomby said:
Wauw Miimusic actually works with me :D:D

Anyone got an idea on how to get that annoying wiibrowser option bar to shut up :p That gray bar beneath the webbrowser.

You mean the one when you type stuff, with the words that pop up?

Just click the side arrow and that will go away.

If this post helped, give me some rep points by clicking the green shroom.

WiiMyHomie said:
You mean the one when you type stuff, with the words that pop up?

Just click the side arrow and that will go away.

If this post helped, give me some rep points by clicking the green shroom.

Or, when you open up the web browser you could click on settings to make it go away when you click the "1" button.

orb is not at all hard to setup. you double click the orb button on your computers desktop and then go type in your user name and password on the wii. wow that took 35 seconds...

Back