Turn Wii Into Media Center

laderer5

Wii > Xbox360 +PS3
Feb 20, 2007
Buffalo NY
Wii Online Code
6636-1630-0874-1365
This is an amazing way to make your wii play any videos or movies you have saved on your PC, also play music or see pictures.

An Amazing Trick Brought to You By Insiders
Get your photos, movies and music off of your desktop and into your living room using the little white Wii. While Nintendo's latest console doesn't have any built in media center features, but we'll show you how to use a little ingenuity and the Wii's web

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj-wjz1LeXs

Heres a link tothe website described in the video.
https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/login.html

this system of streaming music thro orb works great i would get it

ya but this one is probably the most effective.

I've tried two: Orb & TVersity.

Personally, I prefer TVersity as it streams through the local LAN instead of going OUT to the net and back IN to the LAN like Orb does. Makes more sense dontcha think?

Orb's good for WAN access though.

Does your internet connection speed matter in here?

Because I'm planning to watch My Videos and it will take quite a while just to load it for the Wii and let it play...

Also, does the computer have to be on at the same time?

There surely are more sites like...Winamp remote, shoutcast, and so on...It is a quite good info for those who want to listen to their music on their wii..I am still hoping nintendo makes a media channel for vids and songs...
All this online streaming music is much better combined with wiiminder.

I got Orb a while back just to try this out. It streams the songs pretty slowly and I have a Cable Modem and also the Internet Channel is completely fine speed-wise, so it must be Orb.

hosepipe said:
sweet but whats the big deal? can we not just go to you tube and watch videos and play music ?:scared:

But it is much more interesting when the songs playing are the ones you got on your PC's library. Those are your songs...which make it special.

hack an xbox, install XBMC, setup file and sharing on your pc or apple, hook the xbox into your network play all file types you can dream of and you got yourself the cheapest and best media center you could every own hands down!! Of course you need the content to make it worth your while :D

Back