Online questions please

Gekko

WiiChat Member
Sep 22, 2007
I'm debating between 360 and a Wii, and these questions will help me decide.

Do I need to buy anything else extra to access online?

and

Do I need a credit Card to register online?

thanks in advance

All I know is that the Wii can have wireless internet, but you can buy a cable at places where they sell Wii.....maybe.

you dont need to give criedit info for wii, im not sure for 360

If you have a wireless router, that's all you'll need to get a Wii online.
You have to pay a small amount to download the web browser and any Virtual Console games you want, but you don't have to use a credit/debit card for that if you don't want to - Wii points can be bought in shops.
Playing Wii games online is free.

So basically.. All I need to do it.. buy the cable to play my Wii online?

Probably a stupid question.. but what are Wii Points? Is it like.. "Wii money" you use to buy web browser and games?

[I'd search sites for this information, but Im sick right now.. and can't do to much ><]

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd need a cable. My router isn't wireless :(. But thats not to bad. So.. I guess its that simple eh. Awesome. Thanks alot guys :) When im on Wii Online, I'll let you know

Wii has built in wi-fi but does NOT have an ethernet jack for a wired connection. You need the LAN Adapter that connects to one of the Wii's USB ports. The you plug the cable into that. A cable by itself would be useless.

You don't need too download/pay for anything from the shopping channel, to use the "internet connection". If you want to use the Internet Browser, you need to pay 500 Wii points(value of 5$, minimum purchase online from the wii is 10$ 1000 Wii points).

You can buy Wii points with a credit card on the shopping channel, or pay 20$(plus tax) for 2000 Wii points card from local game stores.

Back