Wired Connection Question

ScottG1301

WiiChat Member
Jan 18, 2008
Hi there,

Firstly, allow me to apologize if this question as probably be asked before.

But is it possible to the Wii to my PC into the Eithernet Port on my PC if I buy the USB Apapter thing.

Meaning i would be able to connect my Wii online using ICS the same way I do with my 360 and PS3?

Thanks in advance

Scott

Yeah .. basically with ICS your just turning your machine into a router like if it was a linksys .. I believe you would have to use a x-over cable to get that to work as well .. whatever cable you are using with the Xbox or PS3 should work with the Wii.

To take it even further .. if you get like a 4 port switch you can hook up your PC and all three consoles and have them all online at the same time .. Woot!

**you would probably have to change your cables at that point to "striaght-thru" cables since you would be connecting to a "hub" device and not a "node" device**

Last edited:
connect wii to hotmail emial

Hi,

I tried to check my msn email throught internet channel but the msn web site will not let me. Can any help?

J

It's more than just using a cross-over ethernet cable. You also need to manually configure a valid set of TCP/IP settings at both ends since without a router (which has a DHCP server) you're not getting a set of settings handed out automatically.

Computer: 192.168.0.2
Wii: 192.168.0.3
Mask: 255.255.255.0

i have 2 questions. if u use a usb thing where woud u connect it?

and can u buy an extention for the LAN adapter becuase my cpu is further then 6 feet from my wii...its about 9-11 feet away.

Back