OoOoOo, Someone Is SERIOUSLY PO'd.

He is misinformed.

He does not realize that you can only text chat between games, and that you can only use preset messages.

Dude.....that guy ROCKS!!! All my anger..and....and...my loathing for what the big N is doing to online play is summerised!

well i'm pissed as well. i want friggen voice chat. it's ok dk, you'll be getting a ps3 soon, don't worry.

Another voice chat zealot :x
Honestly when playing those game I prefer not to voice chat. A lobby is different though. It's funny how they jump on text chat right away and it's not what we know it to be now.. I bet they're gonna write another article. Well it sort of serves them right in a way.
Big-N: "What's that? Text chat isn't what you want? well now we're just gonna have pre-written messages!" These people's attitude it's like all or nothing!

I think voice chat will be available in the future though. Patient people. I'm not sure if Big N wants to implement their voice chat in their type of game that includes younger audiences. The DS had voice chat, the Wii will get it too.

I have to say that besides the misinformation of mario kart texting that pretty summed up my feelings on Ninty online....

This guy is so freaking wrong. Ever play Final Fantasy 11, Resident Evil Outbreak, Metal Gear Solid 3 Online? What do all 3 of these games have in common? They were all made in Japan and they all had god awful chat modes. MGS3 online's major chat flaw was no chat rooms! Once you got in the game head sets, keyboards, and even controller chat was enabled. But without a chat room you were limited to 1-8 players, half of which barely ever used the head sets they owned.

Anyways this is NOT a Nintendo problem. This is a problem with Japan and their mentality towards online gaming in general. This is a bumpy road we'll see improve as years go by. However it will take years upon years for us to see serious progress.

The third hand joke was great.

Meh i'm not that worried. I play games to play games, not talk. Also by taking the 360 as an example i'd definitely would not miss voice chat; its primarily used to trash talk strangers with no consequences.

I think that this guy is right. Nintendo needs to wake up to the rest of the world, and actually see what the people want, because japanese people in offices don't have the minds of gamers, obviously.

GET UP AND LIIIIVE NINTENDOOOO!!!!

Well it looks more and more to me like we will have to wait for the next generation of consoles to rear their heads before nintendo gets the idea of voice chat approved across the boards.
Although I'm sure it will be limited to only be used with registered friends and probably will be dubbed over t sound robotic just for extra safety measures.

I mean hell in the eyes of nintendo there isn't a gamer with an IQ over that of a 5 year old so obviously we're incapable of being trusted with voice chat unless it comes equipped with fire retardant, childproof safety locks.

If not for my love of classic games I would've scrapped my wii for a 360 by now. :sick:

Extra Life Mushroom said:
Well it looks more and more to me like we will have to wait for the next generation of consoles to rear their heads before nintendo gets the idea of voice chat approved across the boards.
Although I'm sure it will be limited to only be used with registered friends and probably will be dubbed over t sound robotic just for extra safety measures.

I mean hell in the eyes of nintendo there isn't a gamer with an IQ over that of a 5 year old so obviously we're incapable of being trusted with voice chat unless it comes equipped with fire retardant, childproof safety locks.

If not for my love of classic games I would've scrapped my wii for a 360 by now. :sick:

Thats the thing though they know you can't trust gamers to "speak nice" online, and you Always hear some kinda trash talk witht he current online chat.

Now imagine grandma getting online to play some Mario Kart and some teenage kid starts swearing at her because she wont get outta the way. Well now she doesn't want to touch the Wii ever again. Now Nintendo starts to loose this large crowd of casual gamers that simply want to have fun. Not devote there life to playing games.

It's a buisness decision people, and based on the large varried audience on the Wii, it's a smart move because we all know how other online chat works. Get over it already they have annouced Voice chat is on the way. Will it be censored and protected "obviously" probably why its taking so long in the first place. They have to please a very large audience all at once, not just the "hardcore".

If you bought the Wii for these type of online features your pretty naive and probably should have researched all the consoles first. There was never a guarantee we would even get this type of feature in the first place.

wezeles said:
Thats the thing though they know you can't trust gamers to "speak nice" online, and you Always hear some kinda trash talk witht he current online chat.

Now imagine grandma getting online to play some Mario Kart and some teenage kid starts swearing at her because she wont get outta the way. Well now she doesn't want to touch the Wii ever again. Now Nintendo starts to loose this large crowd of casual gamers that simply want to have fun. Not devote there life to playing games.

It's a buisness decision people, and based on the large varried audience on the Wii, it's a smart move because we all know how other online chat works. Get over it already they have annouced Voice chat is on the way. Will it be censored and protected "obviously" probably why its taking so long in the first place. They have to please a very large audience all at once, not just the "hardcore".

If you bought the Wii for these type of online features your pretty naive and probably should have researched all the consoles first. There was never a guarantee we would even get this type of feature in the first place.

yeah true but we aint exactly living in a paradise are we? every one has been exposed to swearing in the past. its not a taboo anymore like it used to be. for example, some 10 year olds that live on my street that swear like crazy. where i work, someone comes in one day and starts dropping f bombs every other sentance.

LOL@voice chat Until the Wii gets socom I really don't see a reason. Good players don't need voice chat even in a game of quake. This was funny though. That guy is exactly why I don't want to hear any one while playing because all they do is cry and insult people. It's like taking a kids Halloween costume away, they have nothing to hide behind again. Also notice how no one is talking **** in the brawl tourney battles...LOL You talk with your play.

Then he says how the DS has voice chat. So how many hardcore gamers bashed the DS? How many of those guys still bash the DS? Really if the Wii had chat in it players like the link above would try to ruin the whole gamer for every one by saying racial slurs and calling every one faggots. Or either he would spend the whole match talking about PS3 or xbox 360 games...LOL. Voice chat is bad for the simple fact that people abuse it. Then yes you will have pedos on it but the A-holes far out weight the pedos and really would piss off new comers. Nintendo knows this and so do most of you but it just becomes another reason why you should like your Wii...LOL Seriously it's called mario cart not mario chat. It's called gaming not IMing. But I think the people who do want this are IRC/IM freaks am I right? The only thing I need from a Wii online version is good competition that can beat me. I mean really I turn off all voice communication in all my games so really you can just yell at your tv like how your where going to do any way. You would get the same response silence...LOL Voice chat in games was killed by xbox 360 owners and FPS players...LOL NO Voice chat is like muting a person road rage in person...LOL hilarious...

The SD card really is that bad for you guys? OK.... My main rotation is always loaded.

@Adamquest64 No thats the DS version there are even videos of kids using it.

Back