Orange Livebox

That is very strange. You could try something. Within the config pages of the Livebox, you can set how long you want it to advertise itself, this is the amount of time it stays visible after pressing the "1" button.

I'm not sure if this option is available, but can you select "permanent" or "always" or something, so it is permanently visible ? Bit of a long shot I know, but you have nothing to lose.

Other people will be able to see your wireless network of course, but they still can't connect to it unless they know your WEP key. My router is permanently broadcasting itself, so it's not as if this is an unusual step to try.

Edit: also, when the net stops working on your Wii, does your laptop still work online OK ?? (and is your laptop connected to your livebox using wireless?)

Last edited:
Thanks so much Goots! it seems to be working now, this is the longest that its stayed connected, even after restart, after playing a game or complete turn off. It seems that it was the pairing mode was the problem, i now have it switched to infinate setting.
cheers again.

Sam_Harris said:
I'm asuming he is British who (like me an Australian) write dates with the day of the month first then the number of the month then the year

Thanks for the clarification.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
bdrains2003 said:
Thankls for the clarification.:thumbsup:

.......or the correct way around.

I am suprised you are having trouble mate. I have a livebox and it was straight in, I didnt disable anything in the router settings and just put it in pairing mode.

STANO!!!

Followed your directions took me a few times but I got the message that iv been connected ;)

Thanks alot.

Edit: Downloaded 2 updates and went to connect to Wii24 or whatever its called....Been getting error code 51330 since.

Last edited:
Livebox internet connection

Good staff! I'm glad to have been of assistance. Perhaps I'll see u on line sometime! :)

STANO!!!

Followed your directions took me a few times but I got the message that iv been connected ;)

Thanks alot.

Edit: Downloaded 2 updates and went to connect to Wii24 or whatever its called....Been getting error code 51330 since.[/QUOTE]

hi all... don't mean to hijack the thread, but i've been reading the basics on connecting wii to livebox and am struggling....

my issue is that my laptop appears to use WPA therefore, when i change my router settings to "WEP security", my laptop can't connect to the router! Can i change my laptop settings to use WEP too?

thanks

Sam_Harris said:
it is how us normal folk write dates

:nono: actually NORMAL people do mm/dd/yyyy not dd/mm i mena that just looks dumb you say december 12th not 12th december, that old fashioned its like saying its 23 minutes past 5

also wtf is a live box is that some wierd euro router?

OatmealMan said:
:nono: actually NORMAL people do mm/dd/yyyy not dd/mm i mena that just looks dumb you say december 12th not 12th december, that old fashioned its like saying its 23 minutes past 5

also wtf is a live box is that some wierd euro router?

Dude, if you check out your local library, or even WIKI if you can't be bothered leaving the house, you will find that standard date format is dd/mm/yyyy. The majority of countries use this format, and only a small number use the mm/dd/yyyy format. USA just happens to be one of the second group. So, "NORMAL" people as you put it, do use dd/mm/yyyy, it is you that is different. Why do Americans always think the world starts and ends at their doorstep ?!

Regarding the time issue, GLOBAL time is derived from the Greenwich Observatory in London, UK, GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) being used world-wide as a reference time independent of location. Most time zones are based upon this reference as a number of hours and half-hours "ahead of GMT" or "behind GMT". So once again, Europe (and more specifically, the UK) is the "home" of time and the point from which all time zones are derived. Next you'll be claiming the USA invented that too.

Before you go thinking yourself "normal" and us europeans "not normal" just remember - all of your standards are based on our established ones. If anything, we should be referred to as the "normal" ones, you're different.

And yes, the Livebox is a wireless router given out freely by a French ISP based in the UK.

rant over.

Goots said:
Dude, if you check out your local library, or even WIKI if you can't be bothered leaving the house, you will find that standard date format is dd/mm/yyyy. The majority of countries use this format, and only a small number use the mm/dd/yyyy format. USA just happens to be one of the second group. So, "NORMAL" people as you put it, do use dd/mm/yyyy, it is you that is different. Why do Americans always think the world starts and ends at their doorstep ?!

Regarding the time issue, GLOBAL time is derived from the Greenwich Observatory in London, UK, GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) being used world-wide as a reference time independent of location. Most time zones are based upon this reference as a number of hours and half-hours "ahead of GMT" or "behind GMT". So once again, Europe (and more specifically, the UK) is the "home" of time and the point from which all time zones are derived. Next you'll be claiming the USA invented that too.

ok geeze sorry to me that IS normal and you are different normal is only based on what each individual thinks so my bad for saying that but its normal for me. and the time thing i was just using for a point that saying 23 past 2 sound weird to me nothing about America invented time zones or anything. and of course things came from the UK before us (lots of things anyway) we left your country and made our own. on a side note i was told by someone in a rant on another forum that the queen doesnt do anything except hold the throne as a...person of influence or something...is that true or does she like do stuff...that queens do...cuz i dont know, we have a monkey man running our country. and im not dissing your country either i would like to visit the uk someday myself, also japan, but not poland

ROFL !! I love the bit about "not Poland". I don't want to know why you don't want to go there, but it always seems a cold and brutal place to me, of course I might be totally wrong.

The Queen means different things to different people here. The UK, as I'm sure you're aware, is steeped in tradition, the Royal family being one such tradition. Support for the monarchy here seems to be split 50/50, some love them, some would rather have a state president, like the USA.

I think they all do "Royal" type stuff like opening events and touring places and going on diplomatic trips etc, but I don't think they have much of an influence over the people as they used to. Personally, I respect the Royal family as part of British heritage, but I think parliament has more say in what happens now than the Queen. Bang goes my Knighthood I guess :rolleyes:

Hi, I to have a Livebox and followed the steps similar to the ones in this thread.

I changed the settings on the livebox to WEP only, but found that I did not need to disable the firewall.

So... My Wii was able to to pass the Initial Setup and downloaded the Updates succsesfully :)

Unfortunatly, now it is asking me to agree to the user agreements before connecting to Connect24. But when it goes to connect, it sits there for about 3 mins then comes up with, Unable to Connect due to Error 221000.

I went on to Nintendo website, used there error code finder, but did not reconise the error code???

Please help me identify this error???

Back