Other console games on Wii???

Eric1970

WiiChat Member
Dec 7, 2007
I heard there are other console games, N64, Dreamcast, etc. that can be played on the Wii? Is this true? Are these games downloaded or bought at retail? Is there a list of other console games you can play on the Wii?

thx

Yes you can get those games from your Wii by going to WiiShop channel through the internet. You will need Wii Points to purchase these games. Wiipoints can be bought with a credit card or in a store for 20$.

South Park said:
Yes you can get those games from your Wii by going to WiiShop channel through the internet. You will need Wii Points to purchase these games. Wiipoints can be bought with a credit card or in a store for 20$.

Just not Dreamcast yet, though.
Right?
:shifty:

Wiily Good said:
Yeah, no Dreamcast.
Lol, because the system can't handle the graphical capabilities of the Dreamcast. /sarcasm

Seriously, though, I doubt you could fit a Dreamcast game on the Wii due to the lack of a harddrive.

But as far as Wii Points go, you can buy them in 10, 20, 30, and 50 dollar incriments online or in 20 dollar incriments in stores. There are currently about 150 games from the NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, TurboGrafix 16, Neo-Geo and I believe the TurboGraphix 16-CD.

Would recommend picking up Super Mario 3, Orarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and Gunstar Heroes to get you started. Those 5 games are all instant classics and can be available to you for under 40 dollars.

Yes, through the Wii Shop channel, you can purchase games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, TurboGrafx-16 and Neo-Geo. The prices range from $5 - $10 each game (US). I suggest purchasing Super Mario 64.

The fact that they even got Neo Geo means anything is possible. DC would have to be CD based. Well technically their format could hold 1 gb. I'm not sure what you call that. Since CDs can normally hold 600-700mb. DCCD? Sega actually has plans on launching House of the Dead 1-whatever for $30 on the Wii. We'll have to wait and see.

Back