Packaging Channels with Games

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
We all know that WiiFit will come with its own channel, and theres word that Mario Kart will as well. However, Nintendo has yet to use this process as a major sales ploy.

It would work, and it would work well. You've all seen how popular the gimmicky WiiCasual titles are. They've already begun packaging channels with games that they pertain to, but what if [I dare ask] they were to take it a step further? I'm not talking about the 'Okay, I guess this is worth downloading' channels we're getting now, I'm talking about the big guns. You know that more detailed Mii editor you've all been waiting for? Yeah... I think we're beginning to see eye to eye.

So lets say, for example, that Nintendo decides to package a new Mii editor with NinjaBreadMan II. Can you say instant best seller? You know it would happen.

This is purely situational, and I can nearly guarantee that it won't happen. I'm just in the mood for discussion.

So, uhm, yeah. Discuss.

Whoa, never thought of that before. It would sell truly awful games if they had a built in Mii Editor (not that I really want a Mii Editor). However, people would hate Nintendo for this if they did sell it with something like Ninja Bread Man II (I hope that's not a real game). It would raise sales of almost any game but I think people would only accept it as fair if it were to come with something like SSBB or Mario Kart.

it is a great thought tyler... like the bonus discs included in movies...

i would think that it would be easily installed on a friend's wii if someone went to visit their friend with a wii... but nintendo probably wouldn't care... :)

The latest Q & A session with Iwata which you all can read at gamespot.com ...... he states that he doesn't want to add to the mii editor for fear it will become too complicated and casuals won't use it.

I agree they have missed out on a great opportunity by not sticking demos or demo videos on the discs as Microsoft did with xbox1 games. I don't know if they still do that as I have not used an xbox 360 yet. They should do it on the titles they know will sell well to promote the games that are good but don't get the press such as zack and wiki ...etc..
Who is writing Ninty the email????

i would rather want a addition to the weather channel i cant find my place where i liv so i have to pick the closest city which is pretty far and i know im crossing the line xbox is buying yahoo we should make a deal with google to get google earth!!!

It would be a nice blow below the belt, but even Nintendo wouldn't do that... ha ha they like money but they wont sell there grandma for bus fair.

I doubt the disk will contain much because alot of Nintendo owners probably dont even have online in the first place Casual gamers see no reason for this unless its already there or they want to download VC games or something.

It will contian updates like it has in the past for people without a wireless connection in there home, but nothign more if anything they will just charge us for stuff we should get for free with an update like "Mii editor" They know only really big fans will even care if there mii's have detail and they will be willing to pay for it!

I think it's smart, but they should have a secondary option to create folder channels to store maybe VC games, possible game channels, etc. This update would be useless without an obvious need to allow external harddrive use.

They couldnt really put out a Mii Editor on a disk It has to be downloadable for free because it wouldnt be fair in the Check Mii Out Channel contests of plaza.

The particular channel and thread that I used were not the point of this thread, guys. Discussion on the concept?

i would love a mii editor that has a camera so you take a picture of yourself so you are actually in the game lol

Last edited:
The concept is sound to help sell games but even Nintendo won't screw ya that bad, they atleast give you a Wii-mote with Wii-play.. ha ha

Sounds like something someone else would do to boost sales... Nintendo doesn't need that kinda help for games, there games sell fine!
Now maybe the 3rd party will but it would be something added to the game I bet like a GH3 download channel.

I realize that my example was extreme, and I'm now regretting that because thats all you guys want to talk about xD

Can you see them packaging a channel like that with an average or high selling game? Do you think it would still piss people off?

It probably would piss them off, because you go and spend money for your Wii to be online be it a USB wifi or router whatever, then when you want to buy something for the online part you have to go to a store and buy a game just to get an online channel to play online...

I doubt they would do it for the fact they would lose "potential sales." You want to offer online content thats for sale publicly to everyone with online capability.
If they cant find the game that comes with the extra online content they cant buy it, even if they wanted to.

They might use the game as a advertisement for a channel and to maybe boost intrest in online overall though. In the end its easier and cheeper to offer something "virtually" instead of physically.

YES NINJABREAD MAN 2 has been confirmed

but i thin with all games they should make some wii contents, like channle frames. new message envelopes, custom sounds, new cursors, new button styles.

and mii channel content,

but F*** sorry for the explicit language(which is automatically starred), but i cant emphasise my hate for nintendo enough right now, but for gods sake, why cant they see they are loosing there hardcore gamers, by focusing on there casuals gamers way way to much, its not good for them, casual gamers dont buy games as much as us, meaning third party producers, dont get salees so stop making games.

Back