Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PC gaming help!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JAKE196, Dec 1, 2007.

1. JAKE196

JAKE196 Cogito Ergo Sum

Okey-dokey, Well I'm probably getting a NVIDIA 8600 graphics card for Christmas and then my computer will be thus:

Athlon 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

2 gigs of RAM

And the 8600

So I don't know much about computer stuff but apearently this setup would be able to play most games at at least low quality.

I looked some games up and I'm pretty sure I could barely play COD4, and I could play UT3 and orange box easy.

My question is exactly how long would this setup last? Would I have to update my computer fequently?

I love my wii to death but I've got a bit of a thurst for some good FPS's. :)

2. Pikachu256

Pikachu256 KryKidd

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT POWER SUPPLY OR ELSE YOUR PC WILL BE FRIED UP!

ok thats over with...

* You could run CoD4 on Medium/High Settings (Mostly on Medium for smoother gameplay)
    * You could play UT3 and Orange Box on Medium/High Too.
    * I would say your set up right now is great but some PC gamers are readying for the Nvidia 9000 Series
    * Your set up will last you about another year to play all the games on Medium/High
    * You can last 2+ Years if you have your set up on low settings during gameplay

BTW: Are you running Windows Xp or Windows Vista?

Happy Gaming!

Hehe thats why I quit computer gaming... I hate upgrading PC Video Cards, too expensive but its your choice. =]

3. Jay588

Jay588 ?

youll be fine for a while..my computer is single proc and 2.0 ghz and it handled world of warcraft on high settings, cs source, half life 2 and all ran smoothly..merry christmas to you lol

4. JAKE196

JAKE196 Cogito Ergo Sum

I have Vista.

And yes I know, I have to check if i need a new PSU.

I'm glad to hear that will last a year, I may or may not upgrade after that, I just figure I have a decent computer so I might as well spend $100 on a graphics card instead of getting a 360 Which is quite expensive.

Will my processor really be good enough for a year?
    I think it's like one of the lowest required ones for COD4.

5. Pikachu256

Pikachu256 KryKidd

I said your processor will last at least 6 more monthes to about a year and a half. Since most morden games right now need Intel P4+, that AMD has the power between Intel P4 and Intel Dual Core 2. So your processor is decent for now unless you want to upgrade to a Intel Dual Core 2 which will last you 2 - 3 more years.

Hopefully my predictions are correct =]

Happy December =]

• Like Like x 1