pimp my xbox

the best site for xbox modding needs is xbox-scene (my ban is almost up! woot! dont ask, its a LOOOONG story lol). once you mod an xbox, its like a whole new system. if you install linux on it then their is almost nothing that cant be done on your xbox. i liked being able to get on the net on my xbox and download a save file for a game and just put it on the correct place on the HDD and then load up the game. also modded halo1 was the best. however my xbox randomly died one day. RIP modded xbox :(

secrecyguy said:
Why are you asking this here? Go to the xBox 360 forums.
whoa...WRONG thing to say to a mod......:yikes:

well, i dont know a thing about modding, but my cousin's bf has his to the point where he has almost every nintendo game on his. he doesnt even own any xbox games.

and he's a great kid and all, but the biggest pot head i've ever met.:yesnod:

*legal to forums* A little birdy told me about this site www dot xbox-scene dot com, It has info on a bunch of chips but since I dont like to mess with my systems (if I only have one) I dont use these but they are interesting. Some you have to solder onto the mainboard, some are plugged into the mainboard. I really dont like to mess with electronics but if your risky this is right up your alley. And speaking of alleys, There are a bunch of stores in chinatown or mainstreet that have mini malls with video game stores in them, they usually have Modders there and Bootleg games. (I bought a dreamcast with 150+ games on it a while back). I hope this helps.

modding the xbox...hmm.

do it!!

as you've mentioned, you have the "splintercell" hack which is effectively
known as a "softmod" or you can chip the thing with countless mod chips
which can either be soldered in, or solderless.

i modded my sons last year with an xecuter 2.6CE chip which a friend kindly
gave me. it was a solder job and although i'd only ever soldered a couple of
9V battery terminals before, found it relatively straight forward although it
took me around an hour to complete the job.

i bought a butane powered soldering iron with tips that could be changed.
that was a smart move because some of the solders are really really small.

a magnifying glass is recommended!!

i also added a Maxtor 160GB hard drive and used an AID disk to install loads
of apps (i know it's the easy method but couldn't be bothered changing
default.xbe's etc).

now the xbox is region free (games and dvd's) and has a switcheable bios
so that is can run some games in 480p (via component) which was a feature
removed from PAL xbox's.

i've loaded 24 of my sons games onto the drive and a few movies and also
some music and there's still around 70GB of free space.

i use an old build of xbox media centre (xbmc) as the dashboard and it's
fantastic, if you hook it up to your network you can use the xbox as a
media centre with much better options than the xbox 360.

to sum it up....it's what the xbox was made for!!

wow you all are very helpful! lilwiiwii and mitch ill try out that site and see what i can find but liek i said, i got splinter cell today at gamestop used ($1.99!! w00t!) and will try everything when the xbox cable comes in- i ordered the xbox to USB cable form ebay for 6$ shipped in NY it should be here very soon).

be on standby sometime mid week next week. ill be pimpin it out yo! i cant wait.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
wow you all are very helpful! lilwiiwii and mitch ill try out that site and see what i can find but liek i said, i got splinter cell today at gamestop used ($1.99!! w00t!) and will try everything when the xbox cable comes in- i ordered the xbox to USB cable form ebay for 6$ shipped in NY it should be here very soon).

be on standby sometime mid week next week. ill be pimpin it out yo! i cant wait.

You actually could of made an xbox to usb.

Patrick793 said:
You actually could of made an xbox to usb.

i know mitch2025 told me. instead of just splicing cables, id rather buy a cheapo adapter so i dont ruin the controller

The_Loose_Cannon said:

I helped too!

remember i said to use google

GOD i deserve some credit

wii_cammy said:
So are you putting a chip in it
no, she is doing the soft mod with the splintercell hack. doesnt require and soldering or even opening the box itself

i just got neg repped again...probably by loose cause it said "stop spamming or i will ban you" but then again she encourages me to spam......

dam she took a bar off

-----------

wait, does the splintercell hack work for ps2/ps3

Back