Pitfall - where to now

hobocamp11

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2009
Stuck again here. I"m kind of wondering around now, and don't seem to be accomplishing anything for a while.

I finally made it through the Renegades, where I had to swing and make it under the lowering gate, then on through the headquarters, where i jumped the boulders, got the gas mask, and then came back out the way I went in.

Next I passed back through the Renegade village, back through the Butterly place where I was able to go get the idol with my gas mask this time. I went back through Turtle Village, got the idol in the cave there with the native's help. Now I've finally ended up back at the Flooded Courtyard, because that is where the map seemed to be guiding me. However, I don't see what else to do here. The one thing I hadn't done before, which I did this time, was to swing on the vines off the left side of the temple. But it seems that you have to had blown up the barrier before you can land off that vine without falling back into the water.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Stuck again here. I"m kind of wondering around now, and don't seem to be accomplishing anything for a while.

I finally made it through the Renegades, where I had to swing and make it under the lowering gate, then on through the headquarters, where i jumped the boulders, got the gas mask, and then came back out the way I went in.

Next I passed back through the Renegade village, back through the Butterly place where I was able to go get the idol with my gas mask this time. I went back through Turtle Village, got the idol in the cave there with the native's help. Now I've finally ended up back at the Flooded Courtyard, because that is where the map seemed to be guiding me. However, I don't see what else to do here. The one thing I hadn't done before, which I did this time, was to swing on the vines off the left side of the temple. But it seems that you have to had blown up the barrier before you can land off that vine without falling back into the water.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

There is a Shaman back there, but you need TNT to get him.

Since you got the Gas Mask, your next destination is up in the mountains. The most direct way there is to go to the Jungle Trail—go across the Flooded Courtyard to that spot where you first got your Heroic Dash, then from there do a Heroic Dash to the wall and immediately Rising Strike up the wall (note, you must do the Rising Strike while you Heroic Dash).

If that's too difficult, you can also go back to the Renegade Fort and use the Flooded Cave to swim back to Bittenbinder's Camp, snag an Idol, then go around by the Altar of Huitaca and Battered Bridge.

Whichever way, your initial goal is to go to the Mama-Oullo Tower and up the Ladder of Miles.

Thanks. I figured that the Ladder of Miles was the first place I needed to go back to, but couldn't figure out how to get out of the Flooded Courtyard. Combining the two heroic powers did the trick. Thanks again.

Back