Play Music

Shaythong

WiiChat Member
Nov 10, 2006
Hi, say that I want to listen to music CD's or videos on the Nintendo Wii, would listening to music on it be possible?

I don't think so... without DVD capabilities I doubt they'll add music but I could be wrong I haven't read anything on music discs

You can view photos on the video channel, including videos, ehich have sound. So you could i suppose watch music videos if you can put them onto an SD card.

Sorry about this. I accidentally pressed enter halfway through writing but stopped it. Obviously not quick enough. There isnt a delete button though..

Last edited:
As far as i know CDs wont work. There is a wii out in Japan i think xmas 2007ish that will play DVDs (hence i guess CDs too) but for now not so. However, you can view photos on the wii's photo channel, which also allows you to view videos. Hence i guess you could watch and listen to music videos. I dont know if the wii can read music files off an SD card though. However, even watching music videos, you wont be able to play games etc whilst listening to them. So if you want to listen music whilst playing games, its your CD player/ radio/ dvd player/ ipod/ mp3 player/ pc/ (dare i say it) ps2/ xbox. *cries*

Back