What new channals would you like to see on WII?

verb68

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2008
What new channels would you like to see on Wii?

What are some of the channels YOU would like to see on the Wii? I know I would like to see a music channel. where you could upload CD's and maybe even mess around with the music a little. Maybe even be able to listen to them while you're playing games, kind of like on the 360. What about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a music channel would be a great idea, I just don't know if the Wii has the hard drive for it. I don't know how much the Wii can hold but I can bet its probably not enough to start filling up with music. Maybe if the channel acted like an internet radio and streamed you the music it would work though. *shrug*

I don't think I need much else besides my internet channel personally.

everybody's nintendo channel this month i'd like for the wii :) Please make it true! lol

i agree with verb music whilest playing does sound like a good plan ... i think Ps3 also has this ability quote me if im wrong and NaokI couldnt you use the internet channel to play the music and video streams

A channel that says:

"ZOMG!!! Your Wii is Now Region Free! AND Supports Headsets!"

Cos then itd actually be useful...

A free DEMO CHANNEL for sure! We could play or watch future games for the Wii and DS.

A Hard Disk Channel for the i-hope-future-supported-external disks. We could handle our files and set the hard disk options through the channel.

A Music Channel. We could listen to our SD or hard disk music. Variety of filetypes supported.

Nintendo History Channel. It could learn us the whole story of our beloved Ninty and it's games through frequent updates and inform us of its nowadays achievements.

i secound the idea for a chat channel. the dramcast had its own chat service and you know what? it was alot of fun. release a wireless keybord with built in track ball and i would be very happy camper.

Alos a disk changer channel complete with a 20 disk changer lol. im getting to old to get up and walk across the room every time i want to switch games :p

My Leaderbords

This channel would show leaderboards for every leaderboard-enabled Wii/Wii-Ware title you have played. You could customize the page by moving the leaderboards around or ranking them by which leaderboards are most important to you.

My Friends/Chat

You can see which of your friends are online and text chat with them via a USB keyboard.

My Music

You could access your music from SD flash cards and play it with a Wii music-player. Support for larger SD cards (8gb - 16gb etc.) could be offered via a system update. (What is the current limit anyway? 2gb or 4gb?)

Last edited:
so now we have

Demo

Music

Chat

Leaderboard

History

and with the HD channel ... i guess thats y we have the SD card slot nintendo probley wont do this but but who knows

i recon one of us should foward this to ninten....but they probley wouldnt look ... still you never no

Game demo channels (view previews or even download demos of upcoming games) like other consoles do

Back